Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Would you ladies wear these shoos?

The Shooman

Practically Family
Womens C&J
FemaleCJshoes1-1.jpg

Womens Vass
Vass-femalebrogue.jpg

Vass-femalecaptoe.jpg

Vass-femalebrogue1.jpg

Vass-femaleblucher.jpg

Vass-femaleloafer.jpg

Regards: The Shooman.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
No, in my mind, these shoes look too masculine without looking hip/funky. My favorite non-high heels are Doc Marten wingtips, but they have a completely different feel.
14.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I would not wear them either, only if I was wearing men's clothes. They are too masculine (except Naseby, they look more feminine). Maybe the Barnwell boots, for a lady adventurer look. ;) Sans zipper, please! :)

Inky

One Too Many
I do wear Bass Weejuns penny-loafers and have a pair of black wingtips I wear with trousers.

The shoes you have here are all very masculine in style and I think most women wouldn't wear them.

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I love the ladies sensibles of the past. However, I do not love these shoes. I have been looking for well made lady's oxfords - but these do not come close to the look I want. Why would I buy shoes that would get mixed up with my husbands??

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The only one that strikes my fancy is the Ashford (and if you had a boot like the Barnwell with Ashford detailing I'd be all over it). The rest, I agree with the other ladies, look too masculine--especially the Vass line.

Like Kamikat, I've got a pair of Doc Marten's (wingtip detailed Mary Janes). I've had them for 20 years and they're the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Too masculine! Even if I were wearing men's clothes, I would likely add feminine touches with my shoes and jewelry.

just_me

Practically Family
I'd definitely wear the jodhpur, gresham, barnwell, and the two-toned Vass shoe. I never wear dresses, so all of those shoes would go well with pants.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
Of all those, I might wear the 2-tone Vass or Yarmouth. But I don't go for a masculine look often enough to justify the cost of these. I'd rather spend on a nice leather heeled oxford I can wear with skirts AND pants.

Mary

Practically Family
I like shoes styled like traditional men's shoes. But not these, all that much. They are too round I think. I like shoes that seem longer than these if they are flat, so they go well with wide trousers. Of course my feet are the same size but I like more narrow and pointy shoes.

I'm looking forward to more photos of these type of shoes!!! Great inititative.

HatfeathersVint

New in Town
I have two of the pairs of Docs like Kamicat posted, one in blue and one in gold...but there's something diff about the Docs, even though they bear similarity to the second vertical pair you posted.
Something about them just doesn't push them over to the unisex look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21