Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wow this is spooky... Check this out.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
I just got finished watching the 1938 version of The Adventures Of Robin Hood and I have to say it is now one of my favorites but reguardless durring the movie I could but help and think I've seen Sir Guy of Gisbourne played by Basil Rathbone before but in my time not then I figured he had long since passed on since I was born... so after looking at him for a bit on pause I figured it out and I'll leave it up to you guys. I don't think anyone on this board can "seriousily" tell me that these two actors are not twins... they look like clones of each other.

Here is Basil Rathbone-
109558934.jpg

And here is his TWIN-

Roy Scheider-
109558938.jpg

Amazing... simply shocking.

-Doc

missjo

Practically Family
I once met Roy Schneider in a pizza place in london having a pizza with the south african crickett team...
May sound like a bad joke but it really happened, the only thing is that my father and I (both moviebuffs) are sure it was him although he denied it.

Michael Mallory

One of the Regulars
Scheider always struck me as more of a George C. Scott lookalike. British actor Alan Badel resembled Rathbone a lot, though, particularly in his youth. Ironically, he never played Sherlock Holmes.

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
They make pizza in Chicago? You mean you call that 2" thick caserole with all the cheese and pepperoni and sauce a pizza?

*runs away back to New York*

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
I had pizza in London once. It arrived at my table wearing peas and eggs. I looked around and all of the other diners were eating their pizza with forks and knives. Odd birds, Londoners.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
Vlad yeah ain't it great? Nothin like Lou Malnati's signature pizza and a tall cold one. It don't get better.....New York pizza, whats that, a cracker with some gravy on it?

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Guys, this is suppose to be about Scheider/Rathbone

I agree English pizza is not as good as the sweets (you can't beat the chocolate!). I like a LOT more cheese.
I have found that everyone makes pizza wrong. Especially, the Italians.
Actually, Lococo's in San Rafael, California has great pizza. It was started by brothers from Italy.
As far as all the different styles: to each their own.
Cold pizza is still the best breakfast food.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

P.S. You guys, come out to San Rafael. If you don't like Lococo's pizza I'll personally apologize.

Vanessa

One Too Many
There's only one place outside of Chicago that I'll order a pizza from and it's from a little town in Kentucky. Why? Because the owner and head cook was born & raised here.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Nuts to you guys. Roy Scheider does not look like Basil Rathbone and the appeal of Chicago pizza is a mystery that still eludes me, as does the appeal of the Cubs for that matter.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
MudInYerEye said:
Nuts to you guys. Roy Scheider does not look like Basil Rathbone and the appeal of Chicago pizza is a mystery that still eludes me, as does the appeal of the Cubs for that matter.

I wasn't going to get involved in the whole pizza debate, not just because it's off topic, but because I recently finished 7 years in pizza Hell (aka Los Angeles) and ketchup-on-carpet is better than what they pass off as pizza there! I've never been to NYC, so I can't comment on the pizza there although, if you can fold it in half, how good could it be? ;) :p ;)
However, insulting Chicago pizza & the Chicago Cubs in one post is crossing the line! If hot dogs are compared next it's going to get ugly in here!
I will agree about the resemblance of Rathbone & Scheider though!
PBG

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I've had several Pizzas in Italy and it's nothing like 'American Pizza'. It was the Peasant food that it began as. Pizza in London can be pretty good- depends if you're at Pizza Hut, et al., a Turkish Pizza Bar or a nice Restaurant. Pizza comes in many different styles, some far removed from the original.
One Pizza experience I had in Venice consisted of a thin, dry crust with sparingly applied, watery tomato sauce and some chunks of artichoke. Dough cooked in the oven with some passata and whatever was to hand...

I believe the Italian Government went on a 'Making Pizza meet the Expectations of Tourists(mainly American) Campaign' a while back- maybe it's more to expected style and taste nowadays...

Oh and BTW, there is a similarity to Scheider and Rathbone in those pics but have a look at some other pics and the similarity may not be so apparent.

Happy eating-

B
T

jake431

Practically Family
I prefer Chicago-style thin crust pizza, cut in squares. Much tastier to me than the deep dish. Between thin-crust, italian beefs and hot dogs, there is no junk food I've ever had in any city I've been in that I like better. I've not been to Oregon, Washington or Florida, but basically everywhere else, so I feel pretty qualified.

I took Grant to eat Italian beefs at Al's and he liked them so much he had TWO - no small feat - and when he was in Oshkosh he enquired about the logistics of having beefs brought up from Chicago for him.

-Jake

Blackjack

One Too Many
"However, insulting Chicago pizza & the Chicago Cubs in one post is crossing the line! If hot dogs are compared next it's going to get ugly in here!"

I agree there Mt. Prospect, now that Sammy's is closed on Main St. by the way hows the pizza at Ye Old Town Inn these days?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy