Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrangler Cowboy Cut Relaxed (and Original) Fit Jeans

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
So they are higher waisted, but tighter fit than Levi's? Hmmm I was thinking about it but now it just sounds like they'll fit like 60's pants when I want 30s' wide legged high waisted.

Same. I don't want slimmer legs ffs.
Wranglers were not manufactured until after the war, so they logically have a 50s - 60s look.
Sounds like you guys should try a dungaree, or carpenter cut jeans. I like dickies best myself, but pointer brand also makes a high waisted model that is wider through the legs than dickies. both have a rigid indigo option, and pointer brand also makes a good looking herringbone weave that is a nice grey color. Carhartt also makes a pretty wide leg dungaree, but they are not very high waisted, and are all pre-washed.
All three of these are much wider legged than 501s, which would be the only other pre-war model I could think of.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Been 10 or 12 years since I had a pair of pointers but best I remember they ran a little tight in the waist, they may have shrank in the wash or maybe I got fat, but it seems I gave 'em up for being to tight and never got another pair. I used to find them at a farm store that was a dealer down in Talladega, but I haven't been out that way in years.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Pointer carpenter jeans are much wider in the leg that the Wranglers. 13MWZ Wranglers are high waisted with a relatively slim leg. My impression from wearing both is that the Pointer brand jeans are a bit lower waisted with a much wider leg. The Wranglers have a much heavier denim than the Pointer brand jeans. I have much more freedom of movement in my size 38 Pointer brand jeans than in size 40 Wrangler 13mwz's.

Here's how the 13MWZ's fit me.
IMG_5154.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

Here's how the Pointer brand carpenter jeans fit me.
IMG_3791.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

Last edited:

frussell

One Too Many
13MWZ's were supposedly designed for horseback riding, so they have a little extra room in the seat, a high rise, and not a lot of extra material in the legs, which comes in handy while in the saddle. Extra or baggy material tends to fold up under your legs or butt, and if you're riding for many hours, can cause some pretty good saddle sores. I don't wear their baggier leg models because if it's cold or wet and I wear some chinks over them, the models with wider legs look and feel terrible. Also, I believe their "relaxed fit models" seem to have a lower rise, which can mean "plumber's butt" when in the saddle. Frank

Pat Spade

Familiar Face
Hi everyone,
if you`re looking for a wide legged, high waisted pair of jeans I can recommend these:
http://www.paradirama.com/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=7223538
They`re much wider than the 11MWZ Blue Bells I own, for e.g., and not that expensive compared to the price of Blue Bells here in Europe....
...and, shame on me, I still haven`t learned how to post pictures, but I will,I promise, and tthen might supply you fine folks with a fit pic...;o)

casechopper

Hi LuvMyMan,
It will probably depend on the material. I have a pair of the regular cut in the fischer stripe fabric in a size 38 size that fit more like a size 40 should so they're a bit vanity sized. They have been washed multiple times (though always with cold water and hang dried) and, if anything, they've stretched a bit. I also have a pair in their standard denim like Matt has purchased but in their "Skinny" cut. These fit like a normal 38 should in the waist and haven't shrunk noticeably through the couple washes they've received. I have there old style hickoree fabric in a chore coat and this shrunk considerably bringing the chest size down from around 52 to about 48 and shortening the length of the body and arms noticeably.

I think if you stick with cold water washes and don't run them through the drier, shrinkage should be minimal.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
I bought two pairs of American Originals about 10 years ago (I don't recall if that was the name of the style back then). They weren't the raw denim, just the regular denim, and 32" waist. I tossed them in my normal warm wash/medium dryer, and they must have shrunk 2" in the waist. I learned my lesson on those. I do not currently own any more Pointer jeans because I got scared after that incident. The quality was excellent though.

Oh, I toss the Wranglers in a warm wash and the dryer and haven't noticed any real shrinkage. Just saying.

tropicalbob

Does anyone know what thw "Perfomance" denim is? The home page says they last 20% longer but nothing else. The reason I ask is because I ordered a pair on Amazon last night and have just realized they're not the ones I liked on the Cavendar's page, which were the indigo cowboys.

tropicalbob

I meant to say 20% longer-lasting. The lack of details, such as the lot number, is sometimes really annoying on Amazon.

DougC

Practically Family
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Premium Performance Advanced Comfort Cowboy Cut
Cowboys don't have limits. Why should their jeans?
Premium Performance Cowboy Cut® Jeans with Advanced Comfort are built with denim that moves with your body for all the bending, lifting and squatting you do. You get the authentic Western style you love with the durability you need. On the job or in the arena, nothing keeps you moving like Advanced Comfort.
Styling: Classic Five Pocket
Fit: Regular
Rise: Mid
Fly: Zipper fly with button closure
Leg Opening: Fits over boot
Fabric: 70% Cotton/28% Polyester/2% spandex, 14 oz. Denim

tropicalbob

Ah, thank you. That's what I was afraid of. It's the polyester and spandex that will have them winging their way back to Amazon. I just ordered the ones I wanted from Cavender's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner