Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrangler Cowboy Cut Relaxed (and Original) Fit Jeans

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

I picked up a pair of these recently and for the money, I don't think you can do any better in a vintage-look pair of jeans. Plus these are Wranglers and have a ton of history behind them. Originally these jeans were designed for rodeo cowboys in the 1940's. I don't know if these jeans are common knowledge, but I only recently found out about them. I ordered the relaxed fit version because the front rise looked longer than original fit, but I haven't measured. Front rise on my 36W is 13". Copper rivets, 7 loops, leather patch and crimson red Wrangler label. Of course, I ordered in rigid. Washed them inside out immediately to set the color (sorry, I can't wear my jeans for six months unwashed for wear marks). Very pleased with the style, the look, the feel, and the value. For $25 in a wide variety of sizes, they can't be beat.

If anyone has info on the fit and especially the front rise measurement of the original fit version, please post. I emailed Wrangler CS so maybe they'll get back to me. Thank you.

http://www.cavenders.com/western/me...ed+Fit+Jeans&gclid=CNP4j7S06r4CFcllOgodiVwAkA

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 16736

I've been wearing these for...well, ever. They're pretty much the uniform down here in Texas. I've found they generally fit to size better than most denim jeans, but there is *some* shrinkage. They're also cut much fuller in the seat. Many guys have their dry cleaned only, but I wash and dry mine regularly. Of course, I wear them only for working in, not going to church, so I don't care if mine look worn.

ingineer

One Too Many
I also have been wearing Wranglers since advised by the Indian Steelworkers.
The seams don't twist like Lees or Levis, and they last almost forever.
The boot cut ones fit perfect.
I usually order the 13MWZ one inch longer,and wash the second time with vinegar to set the dye.
The 13MWZGK ( pre-washed) are also in my closet,true to size after several washes.
If they were gusseted they would be perfect.
To press or not to press the rigids?
JMHO
Richard

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I got 3 pairs of 13mwz jeans. Great quality but the colour blue is simply awful. After one wash the colour becomes a kind of neon-blueberry. I understand that after washing 20 or more times they become a nice, faded blue. Not sure I can wait that long.

D

Deleted member 16736

How is the front rise on the 13MWZ? If anybody can measure for me, I'd appreciate it.

tmal

One of the Regulars
This is all that I wear to work. They have been around forever. I wore Levis for years but went back to Wrangler after they began to be available again in my area. ( I don't why they were not available, and I do not know why they are available now) They seem to be just like what I remember as a kid in 50's. Compared to Levi's they are roomier, better heavier but softer denim, last longer and the seam does not twist. As for Lee's (ugh) no comparison. Seb, what ingineer said, in my experience the color last longer than other jeans.

D

Deleted member 16736

On my 38 waist there is 13 1/2 inches from crotch seam to top, if that's the way to measure.
Richard

Yes, that's right. I didn't realize the rise was commensurate on both models. I'll try the original fit now. Thanks. Wranglers owes you a commission.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I too wear 13MWZ and find them better than Levis. Sadly it's cheaper to buy them in the US (with shipment included) than buying them in my country (and Wrangler is not very common around here)...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Seb Lucas;
You are probably using a detergent with an optical brightener.
Richard

Richard, it's no joke. This effect is reported on a range of denim websites where the term "blueberry" is used to describe the ultra bright Wrangler shade of blue that emerges after a wash or two. But no one is able to articulate a solution other than never washing them. I thought here there might be an answer.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I too wear 13MWZ and find them better than Levis. Sadly it's cheaper to buy them in the US (with shipment included) than buying them in my country (and Wrangler is not very common around here)...

That's ture here as well. I think they cost around $120 a pair here when you can find them. I will be buying the black ones on line from now on.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Here's a post from the style forum by some guy with the same issue - put better than me.

The main complaint I hear from other people (which I partially share) is the color of the standard indigo version of the 13MWZ: it turns to an almost electric, blueberry blue after washing the first time. At certain times, I kind of dig this since I don't walk around looking like everyone else who is wearing jeans, but at other times I don't dig it at all and I feel like a blueberry wanker in my wranglers.

D

Deleted member 16736

I washed my Wrangler rigid jeans once and the shade of blue is slightly bright, but nothing like neon. It's an attractive color and I won't hesitate to buy another pair.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I washed my Wrangler rigid jeans once and the shade of blue is slightly bright, but nothing like neon. It's an attractive color and I won't hesitate to buy another pair.
True and I think I'll need to buy another pair as the ones I own are starting to show much wear.

That's ture here as well. I think they cost around $120 a pair here when you can find them. I will be buying the black ones on line from now on.
I think the ones sold on Europe do not have the same denim has the ones sold in the US (I have both).

Academy sporting goods, in the U.S., sells the rigid indigo original fit 13MWZ for around $20 USD. Last pair I bought they had them on sale for $16.99

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

frussell

One Too Many
Wranglers have long been the go-to jeans for anyone who rides horseback regularly, because of the taped seams, specifically made to reduce friction and saddle sores. They also seemed to last longer than my Levi's, so Wranglers are all I have as far as jeans. Can't really tell if the modern ones are as well made as my oldies. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner