Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wrangler Cowboy Cut Relaxed (and Original) Fit Jeans

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Hi LuvMyMan,
It will probably depend on the material. I have a pair of the regular cut in the fischer stripe fabric in a size 38 size that fit more like a size 40 should so they're a bit vanity sized. They have been washed multiple times (though always with cold water and hang dried) and, if anything, they've stretched a bit. I also have a pair in their standard denim like Matt has purchased but in their "Skinny" cut. These fit like a normal 38 should in the waist and haven't shrunk noticeably through the couple washes they've received. I have there old style hickoree fabric in a chore coat and this shrunk considerably bringing the chest size down from around 52 to about 48 and shortening the length of the body and arms noticeably.

I think if you stick with cold water washes and don't run them through the drier, shrinkage should be minimal.

I would like to ask you in one picture you have a pair of pants that appear to have a herrinbone weave pattern, do those pants have a buckle on the back? Thanks for the other tips and information as well.

We are prone to not purchase Levi brand pants now...they are not what they used to be and in our opinion not worth their price...wrangler seems to be a better buy for the money. So to see some nice pants like this is a blessing for a good option.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Luvmyman,
The herringbone pants do not have a buckle. They are Pointer Brand's standard carpenter cut in what they call Fisher stripe (herringbone).

tropicalbob

I finally received my Wrangler's slim-fit Rigid Indigo jeans in the correct size (first pair was the "performance", and the second were too tight) and am really impressed with them. They came with a lot of starch, but after a run through the washer and drier with no detergent they are really beautiful. Dark, 14.75 denim, solidly made and in a perfect fit? Thanks to everybody for the advice.

robrinay

One Too Many
Wrangler 13MWZ were available in the UK when I was a teenager and were the chosen jeans of many a skinhead, but sadly do not appear to be available now. I occasionally find them in vintage clothing stores but new pairs are only available via import - online stores or eBay. I've got a couple of pairs and thanks to their high rise are my preferred jeans to wear with short vintage leather jackets.
Update - cosmic ordering or what?? I went onto eBay.co.uk to find a pair bnwt in my size £38.74- bargain so made an offer and bought 'em for £33.

Last edited:

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
Over the past two or three years, I have wanted to find a pair of U.S. made Wrangler 13MWZ's in my size. Of the times, I looked on ebay, I never had any luck. Maybe, they were not nearly as prevalent as Levi's were, for example. And, I'm not sure when Wrangler manufacturing ceased in the United States. I have three of their 1960's western shirts. Two are denim and one is chambray. I really love them.

As far as jeans go, I only own 1970's and 1980's U.S. made Levi's boot cut jeans. They're all either 517-0217 red tab, 20517-0217 (Saddleman) or 517-0217 orange tab. All three types are also high waisted. These are slimmer fitting jeans because, my guess is, they were designed for people who may be riding horses, at some point, while wearing them. I know for a fact that the 20517/Saddleman were designed for men to wear while riding horses. Fortunately, since these Levi's aren't 1969 or earlier, they are relatively inexpensive. By the way, they always seem to shrink one inch in the waist and one in the inseam.

In fact, last night I won a pair of the 20517 Saddleman from 1974 for just over $17. The guy said that he had bought them in high school, but always preferred 501's. He can't remember if he ever wore them. From what I can tell by looking at the pictures, they may have been washed once or twice.

I would still like a pair of the vintage Wrangler 13MWZ's. I'll have to begin looking, again.

- Ian

casechopper

Wearing 13MWZ's today. These have about 250-300 days of wear on them and 12-15 washes.
3MhEGyFh.jpg

hJJS0wPh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner