Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Writers/bloggers on manners and civility

Colonel

One of the Regulars
Does anyone here know of a blog or other web site on the topic of manners and civility? I publish a Christian web site, and I'd like to add a regular column on "Ladies and Gentlemen" to the mix. Most bloggers I've contacted are happy to have their writing gain a wider audience. Thank you.

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Welcome to the Lounge

Welcome to the lounge, Colonel. It is nice to find another Southern Gentleman among us. I enjoyed your post in the Gentlemans Thread. I am also a big admirer of the great General Robert E. Lee. I was a Confederate Reenactor for 18 years and have been doing WWII Army Air Corp for the past 6 years. My online name is in honor of another great southerner, the Gray Ghost himself, Col. John Singleton Mosby of the 43rd Virginia Partisan Rangers. My grandfather always told me, and I have heard it else where, that the true guide for all Southern Gentleman is the Holy Bible. I will have to agree with that since I am a Born Again Christian and my grandfather was definetley a true Southern Christian Gentleman. Hope you had a great Christmas and am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Eric L. Russ the "Gray Ghost"

Colonel

One of the Regulars
Gray Ghost said:
Welcome to the lounge, Colonel. It is nice to find another Southern Gentleman among us. I enjoyed your post in the Gentlemans Thread. I am also a big admirer of the great General Robert E. Lee. I was a Confederate Reenactor for 18 years and have been doing WWII Army Air Corp for the past 6 years. My online name is in honor of another great southerner, the Gray Ghost himself, Col. John Singleton Mosby of the 43rd Virginia Partisan Rangers. My grandfather always told me, and I have heard it else where, that the true guide for all Southern Gentleman is the Holy Bible. I will have to agree with that since I am a Born Again Christian and my grandfather was definetley a true Southern Christian Gentleman. Hope you had a great Christmas and am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Eric L. Russ the "Gray Ghost"
Thank you sir! When I first saw your online name, that was my guess as to where it came from. I have a small booklet titled "The Fundamental Creed of Robert E. Lee" that is among my most prized books. He was an incredible man and it is no wonder that he rose to such heights given his basic beliefs.

One of my indirect ancestors (he didn't live long enough to have any children) was the lowest ranking officer to be named in a General Order written by Robert E. Lee - that was Lt. Colonel John Pelham (a.k.a. "The Gallant Pelham").

Once you get past the redneck "good old boy" folks that seem to be everywhere, you find the remnant of the true Southern Gentleman. That's what attracts me to this forum. It's only a small part of the forum (I'm not big into clothes and vintage hats, etc.), but I've seen nowhere else on the web where the subject is taken serously. That is part of the reason for my original post on this thread. I've already got a regular readership, and would like to include a column on "Ladies and Gentlemen". I think I may have found a potential writer though. There is a lady near here who writes a regular email newsletter on manners. I'm still trying to get more information, but I'm hoping that will work out.

Again, thank you sir. Good day and God Bless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda