Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: Danish school bag aka globetrot messenger bag aka "souperbag"

antoine p

One of the Regulars
Hi there all, I'm looking for a classic danish school bag, wondering if anyone has one they'd be willing to part with or more information on these.
These were made in Denmark and then for a time made in Spain by a company called Globetrot (I think).
Open to different colors, let me know what you've got!
Rothco and Fox Outdoor make versions- these are decent but I'm looking for the original.
Photos of the bag below.

s-l16009.jpeg

s-l16008.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
Nice looking bag. Puts me in mind of Brady's line as well. The zip-expansion is an interesting idea- would make it very useful for a travelbag. I often find when flying I pick up a few bits at the airport than don't then fit the bag I have to hand; that would be a useful feature in that situation. Filed for future reference...

PEGGYnyc29

New in Town
Yes, it's a "classic bag", it's been in a few movies, Ghostbusters, The World According to Garp, etc. I've been wanting one since the '70's. It's considered the forerunner of all modern "messenger" type bags used today. Check out the website, it talks about its history. It's really fun. Many celebrities used to carry it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana