WTB: ELC B-10 or BR N-1 Demotex (size 40)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Zeltbahn, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Zeltbahn

Zeltbahn One of the Regulars

In need of a winter jacket and would be interested in either B-10 flight jacket by Eastman Leather or khaki N-1 (heavier Demotex version) by Buzz Rickson's. I'm pretty sure I'm size 40 in both of these.

Buying one of these new soon unless anyone here have one in good condition that doesn't get used.

2. s4rmark

s4rmark One of the Regulars

Have you looked at the Bronson B-10 and N-1 ? Really nice jackets and very good value.

Zeltbahn likes this.
  3. Dr H

Dr H Call Me a Cab

Apropos of nothing, I briefly owned the Buzz Demotex N-1 and the quality was excellent throughout. However, the alpaca lining was incredibly itchy (more so than the original N-1 that I had owned and the civvy 1940s/1950s that I am wearing today in some horribly squally weather).
    It wasn’t a pleasure to wear, which is a shame as everything else checked out well.

Zeltbahn likes this.
  4. Zeltbahn

Zeltbahn One of the Regulars

I've checked these ones too, they do look quite nice for the price but I'm a nut for historical accurate details which I think BR and ELC masters better in that field, although they are very much more expensive..

This is what concerns me a bit. I have never owned anything with alpaca lining so not sure if it's itchy, probably depends a lot on person. Also I'm naturally quite warm person, is the Demotex N-1 very, very warm? I'm thinking of maybe getting one of the lighter deck jackets instead, hook or zip, which only have blanket-wool lining.

5. Dr H

Dr H Call Me a Cab

The alpaca lining isn’t always itchy (I’ve had B-10/B-15/N-1 jackets where it was soft), but on this occasion it was unbearable.
    It was also a heavy jacket so it was warm. If you tend to overheat then I’d opt for a lighter version as it’s not designed to be worn over a T shirt. If it’s cold/squally enough For an N-1 then you’ll be layering already.

Zeltbahn likes this.
  6. Dr H

Dr H Call Me a Cab

I finally was lucky enough to pick this one up cheaply. Not an issued N-1 but made by Spiewak for the civilian market. My go to dog walking coat.
    6B4614FD-FA3D-4CDC-897E-B8687274A42B.jpeg