Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: G-1 Jacket lining

Sadeye

New in Town
I'm looking for a piece of purplish brown lining fabric used in some of the earlier G-1 jackets. The piece should be about the size of a computer keyboard, but even smaller strips are of interest.

If you happen to have pieces of the fabric or an early G-1 that's beyond repair, please PM me.

ztosIcc.jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Have you talked to Stuart at Lost Worlds? I had a vintage LW Foster G1 from the late 1950s relined and I bought the replacement rayon liner from him. It is top notch stuff, the same as he uses in his G1 and the price was quite reasonable.

Sadeye

New in Town
Have you talked to Stuart at Lost Worlds? I had a vintage LW Foster G1 from the late 1950s relined and I bought the replacement rayon liner from him. It is top notch stuff, the same as he uses in his G1 and the price was quite reasonable.

Thanks for the tip. I sent them the pic and asked if they had the correct fabric. The answer was (in its entirety): "our rayon is more brown."

So still looking for the purplish brown lining fabric. All suggestions welcome.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sockeye,
Here are a couple photos of my LW Foster with the new Lost Worlds rayon
C8BADCB6-7BF4-409E-97E6-8F201D4BE3CE.jpeg

9B26F070-4308-404A-9940-61ECA6ED731A.jpeg

I am not trying to steer you towards it, rather I applied your quest to find the perfect lighting that matches the original. Just wanted to give you an idea of how mine came out with this lining. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner