WTB: G-1 Jacket lining

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Sadeye, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Sadeye

Sadeye New in Town

I'm looking for a piece of purplish brown lining fabric used in some of the earlier G-1 jackets. The piece should be about the size of a computer keyboard, but even smaller strips are of interest.

If you happen to have pieces of the fabric or an early G-1 that's beyond repair, please PM me.

[​IMG]

2. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Have you talked to Stuart at Lost Worlds? I had a vintage LW Foster G1 from the late 1950s relined and I bought the replacement rayon liner from him. It is top notch stuff, the same as he uses in his G1 and the price was quite reasonable.

3. Sadeye

Sadeye New in Town

Thanks for the tip. I sent them the pic and asked if they had the correct fabric. The answer was (in its entirety): "our rayon is more brown."

So still looking for the purplish brown lining fabric. All suggestions welcome.

4. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Sockeye,
    Here are a couple photos of my LW Foster with the new Lost Worlds rayon
    C8BADCB6-7BF4-409E-97E6-8F201D4BE3CE.jpeg
    9B26F070-4308-404A-9940-61ECA6ED731A.jpeg
    I am not trying to steer you towards it, rather I applied your quest to find the perfect lighting that matches the original. Just wanted to give you an idea of how mine came out with this lining. Good luck!