Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB Thedi Leather jacket size L

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
Would like to buy any Thedi Leather jacket in size L (with Thedi's jackets size L is usually almost equal to size 40 which is nice).
Am interested in any Thedi washed tan leather buttoned jacket, but not only - i.e. am ready to consider your another one from Thedi too.
If you have any Thedi Leather jacket for sale for a reasonable price or if you're just thinking of selling your one - please let me know, I'd be appreciated!

Last edited:
I normally wear a size 40 jacket..but my tan and gray buffalo Thedis are labeled XL. I purchased them through Thurston Bros after they sent me a try on jacket....

20190220_181518.jpg 20191125_145526.jpg

Last edited:

58panheadfan

One Too Many
Same here... as a general rule about Thedi Leathers Sizing, go up on Size,
e.g. a size L is a usual M, a size XL is a usual L.

As for ref. some average measurements, all for size XL from jacket I have/had:

Chest: 22.5" - 23" (57 - 58 cm)
Shoulder seam to seam: ~19" (49 cm)
Sleeve straight*: 26" - 26.5" (66 - 67 cm)
Other measurements like back, front etc. depending on style
* As said in another post: Sleeve lenght on standard Thedis are on the longer side. If you have a standard sleeve lenght
I would recommend shorten sleeve by 1/2"-1". That's my own taste, depending how long you like your sleeves and which
cuff you prefer, buttoned/zipped.

Lebowski

I normally wear a size 40 jacket..but my tan and gray buffalo Thedis are labeled XL. I purchased them through Thurston Bros after they sent me a try on jacket....

View attachment 256856 View attachment 256858
Same here... as a general rule about Thedi Leathers Sizing, go up on Size,
e.g. a size L is a usual M, a size XL is a usual L.

As for ref. some average measurements, all for size XL from jacket I have/had:

Chest: 22.5" - 23" (57 - 58 cm)
Shoulder seam to seam: ~19" (49 cm)
Sleeve straight*: 26" - 26.5" (66 - 67 cm)
Other measurements like back, front etc. depending on style
* As said in another post: Sleeve lenght on standard Thedis are on the longer side. If you have a standard sleeve lenght
I would recommend shorten sleeve by 1/2"-1". That's my own taste, depending how long you like your sleeves and which
cuff you prefer, buttoned/zipped.
Thanks gentlemen, I know Thedi's sizing. I'm looking for Thedi's L size. Theodoros size L usually does fits closer to a regular US size 38/40 or to a slim fitted US size 42, and what is most important - it usually goes with quite longer sleeves which is very very nice (need sleeve length 25.5"-26" measured straight or 26.5"+ measured along the curve and Theodoros jackets usually correspond those requirements very well), so that's what I'm looking for now.
I'd prefer tan or washed tan colored buttoned jacket, though quite open to any other colors/options (except black ones and except Thedi's early smooth plain leathers which I'm not interested in).
Anybody, please give me a good offer!

Last edited:

Lebowski

That's interesting, but now with the natural time being I already wouldn't put tan colored buffalo ahead of all Theodoros jackets 'cause this extremely smart greek leather wizard makes so many other fabulous jackets, in different colors and of different lovely grainy hides, so - I'm open to offers, i.e. washed tan incl but not only.
The only permanent desire I'm absolutely in - his thick and grainy hides, I love how Thedi works with them.

Lebowski

Marc, will you possibly sell any other Thedi? I'm still interested in any classical pattern, would most prefer buttoned ones (Shawl, Hector etc.), but not only.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I'm actually about to buy a second hand buttoned shawl collar Thedi from a local guy. Jacket is like new but he needs to come down with his price :) if it doesn't work out I'll let you know.

By the way, the tan buffalo -canvas is sold now to a fellow TFL member.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mark, looks nice but not my style. I'm a big fan of clear classic historical patterns, this particular jacket looks too much "fusion" to me, sort of too much contemporary look. Though it's still Thedi and looks very nice still!)
I've learned from @Monitor that this Thedi is actually based on a vintage LEE design.
Lee lot 91b.jpg

Thanks Mark, looks nice but not my style. I'm a big fan of clear classic historical patterns, this particular jacket looks too much "fusion" to me, sort of too much contemporary look. Though it's still Thedi and looks very nice still!)

Don't worry, this style is as 40s / 50s as it can possibly get. :)

Lebowski

I've learned from @Monitor that this Thedi is actually based on a vintage LEE design. View attachment 281370
It's just not my cup of tea Marc. Speaking of old good Lee I like much more old good 60s Storm Rider which looks neater clearer smarter to my taste.
7ba364b5390462baa815ae6d57d5b5a9.jpg

m_5c8441ddd6dc5289934b8452.jpeg

Love this video with prof. @tmitchell59, what's not to love in this old good Lee:
I love lots of Thedi's works, most of them are just absolutely magnificent, freaking fabulous and incredibly spectacular works, but that particular one shown above by you isn't for me, sorry.
I'm almost sure anybody might love that canvas/leather combo, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB