Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTT rmcoy 44 for a 46 rmcoy

Booby

New in Town
Like to make a trade

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 240

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
You could reach out and ask Dena at Great Leather what/if this is possible.

I have really never heard of anyone "stretching" a Pit to Pit dimension. The opposite - take it in, would not be nearly as difficult. Finding similar leather to fabricate "patch in" panels could be a pretty big challenge. But I am not a taylor so I guess anything is possible. Good luck with your plans...

Booby

New in Town
You could reach out and ask Dena at Great Leather what/if this is possible.

I have really never heard of anyone "stretching" a Pit to Pit dimension. The opposite - take it in, would not be nearly as difficult. Finding similar leather to fabricate "patch in" panels could be a pretty big challenge. But I am not a taylor so I guess anything is possible. Good luck with your plans...
Hi what they do is open up under the arm pits and install a four inch round piece and there you go done.the guy showed me pictures says he’s done about 12 on his machine in the past.

Booby

New in Town
Hi what they do is open up under the arm pits and install a four inch round piece and there you go done.the guy showed me pictures says he’s done about 12 on his machine in the past.
Ps not to be bad mouthing anyone ever but I personally have had best results with male leather craftsmen .belts saddles stirrups gun belts leather kidney belts. And boots etc.no offense to Dena.this guys got a photo album as thick as a old phone book.

Dena is awesome. But if you trust your guy you trust your guy.

If you go for it, I would be interested in photos of the work and your thoughts on how much it helped.

Brandrea33

One Too Many

I guess the leather “piece” wouldn’t match up well, but being where it’s located that might not be an issue.

I’d also be curious to see pictures if you decide to go ahead.

I tried a Nelson (size 44) and the fit was pretty spot on except the sleeves were much too wide for my scrawny arms … I’m not brave enough to alter a jacket at this price point so I sent it back.:rolleyes:

Booby

New in Town
Hi I must not be the first one to have this done actually it’s quite common.i was able to pick the photo I liked.it resembles a small football.anyway I’ll show pics it will be some time the guys in the middle of a fourty three hundred dollor saddle from scratch reel artist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy