Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WW2 coat....but what is it??

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Ahoy Lounge mates...

I wouldn't say the coat is any earlier than '50s and it may even be more recent.
I've never seen a Swedish coat quite like that. The mixture of details and construction would lead me to my conclusion, re: vintage.

I couldn't hazard a guess as to its geographical origin, although the collar and presence of a blanket wool lining are quite "Swedish" military/police coat attributes.

B
T

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm... something familiar about that last pic.

I might end up re-assessing my conservative vintage opinion.

Some of the details and the back having a vertical seam throws me post war.

Just not typically early 20thC styling and construction, to my eye.

B
T

Eyemo

Practically Family
Reply from my mate
Hi Seimon,

Looks to me to be a Swedish air force coat - Mid 1930s to mid 1940s. Without my books I cannot tell for sure so will check back with you.

Just to throw another slant on it - the lining looks decidedly French to me!

:eusa_doh:

Cap'n Badger

New in Town
lol lol Now ye see the trouble I've been havin'.....swedish....german...FRENCH!!....thanks fer the research guys....I shall soldier on wi' the quest.....(tho my eyes are waterin' after trollin' through near on 2000 pictures t'day..lol)

Cap'n Badger

New in Town
Holy smokes!!........the guys a winner fer the photo! .....same on the outer....different collar fur an' inside linein'.....But other than that a spot on match (includin' the buttons) Tis even a 44 chest!..........Thank 'e alls fer yer help (looks liken some o' ye were spot on from the beginin'..(bows)) now t' find some history!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cap'n Badger

New in Town
''Loves it'' ye says....Well tis up fer sale chaps.....
The guy that gave it me t' sell has had all the relevent info found by yersel's, forwarded onto him, an' he wants £80 fer it.
I was gonna throw it out on evilbay fer the takin' (will do in about a week o' so), but I thought I'd see ifin anyone was interested on this forum first. As ye DID do some fine work on the reaserach fer mesel'.
So....it be up fer grabs mateys!......bear in mind fellas, ifin I has t' post this monster, it's gonna cost! It weighs in at near on 4KG!(yer quite welcome t' come an' pick it up from me chaps, t' save the postage anytime).

(Admin- If this post is in the wrong section...I do apologise....took me an age t' re-find this orig' post, so tagged it onto here as this be where the photies be.
Please feel free t' move or lock this post ifin I be in breach o' yer articles....Jacob.)

ukali1066

Practically Family
Ahoy Cap'n ;)

I do love it..but I fear it would be way too big on my scrawny 9 stone frame...you look quite a strapping fella and it fits you fine

geostorm

New in Town
swedish coat

hi,the coat you have seems very similar to mine, of which i purchased in 60s from govt. surplus store in london , as swedish my ones dark brown about size 40/42 too small now, what size is yours ? by the way.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran