Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWI peacoat or similar.

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
I plan on purchasing another peacoat soon, and rather like the look of the WWI pea coat. However, ive been having trouble locating one, or one like it. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find one, or one of a similar style. Can't cost an arm and a leg, because i don't have much money.
Thanks, Wolfe.

Last edited:

Peacoat

Bartender
I plan on purchasing another peacoat soon, and rather like the look of the WWI pea coat. However, ive been having trouble locating one, or one like it. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find one, or one of a similar style. Can't coast an arm and a leg, because i don't have much money.
Thanks, Wolfe.

If you are looking for a WWI peacoat, you will be looking for a long, long time. The earliest I have seen is a 1930s peacoat. If you mean WWII, they are scarce, but available. As Ian said, Ebay is a good source, but you need to know what you are doing, and the right questions to ask. Might try Vintage Trends as they sometimes have the WWII. As I remember, you are about a size 38, so that size is readily available. Before you do anything, read my article in the sticky toward the top of this page.

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
If you are looking for a WWI peacoat, you will be looking for a long, long time. The earliest I have seen is a 1930s peacoat. If you mean WWII, they are scarce, but available. As Ian said, Ebay is a good source, but you need to know what you are doing, and the right questions to ask. Might try Vintage Trends as they sometimes have the WWII. As I remember, you are about a size 38, so that size is readily available. Before you do anything, read my article in the sticky toward the top of this page.
I guess ill probably go for something off vintage trends iff they're that difficult to find. Thanks for your help.
Wolfe

Spoonbelly

One of the Regulars
WWI pea coats are very rare. If you do find one in decent shape it will cost a few bucks. There are quite a few WWIIs on ebay. I have only seen 1 or 2 WWI coats on ebay in the past year and the prices were high. I haven't seen a WWI on Vintage Trends yet, but they do sometimes have WWII pea coats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy