Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII AAF Low Quarter Officer's Shoes

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Laces needed for WW2 officer's low quarter shoes.

Just got a pair of AAF officer's low quarter brown shoes, but the laces are dire!

Any kind soul out there have a spare pair of WW2 flat laces to go with this shoe type? I know, it's a long shot, but had to try :)

Thanks anyway guys!

Baggers

Practically Family
This may be correct. My experience with laces is that the ones that come with most shoes these days are too long. I have a pair of At The Front's type II russet service shoes, and when I ordered them I also bought a pair of the 1943 dated 40" flat nylon laces intended for them. After swapping out, I discovered that I had to tie a very neat small bow in order to get them to work. The period laces were inches shorter than the ones that came with the shoes. Same thing happened after finding brown flat laces for my el cheapo Bates russet low quarters, and that was the result of choosing my laces according to the chart on the back of the package that uses the number of lace eyelets as the criteria.

Just my opinion, but small tight knots are actually a lot more military looking than having two or three inches of bow flopping around as you walk.

Cheers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy