Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Army Officers Dress Shoes

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Well, they have been ordered from at the front, i will tell you about them when they get here.
Wolfe

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dubbin

Hi

Get the good stuff to protect the new boots. I used some stuff called "Tarrago Dubbin Leather Waterproofing" from Amazon. They appear to be out right now, but this IS what they used from the late 1800's through WW2. I used the directions on this page:

http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Projects/Dubbing/index.html

Instead of a hair dryer, I put the shoes in a black garbage bag in my car in the sun with 90 degree plus temperatures. Same difference, no electricity. :rolleyes:

Later

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
Wonderful! I love them. The leather is soft, they fit pretty well with an insole. Comfortable so far, and that will only get better. However, the right shoe squeaks, i know i just asked this on another thread, but how can i fix this?
Thanks,
Wolfe

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WolfeMan said:
Wonderful! I love them. The leather is soft, they fit pretty well with an insole. Comfortable so far, and that will only get better. However, the right shoe squeaks, i know i just asked this on another thread, but how can i fix this?
Thanks,
Wolfe

Hi

Read At The Front's shoe pages, Rollin complains about people complaining about squeaks. I think it will eventually go away.

Found it:

Squeaks: Some of these boots squeak when new. For the uninitiated, that's not a diabolical plan on our part to alert German snipers to your presence. It's a fact of life with leather boots and shoes. It will normally work itself out as they break in. My Corcorans squeaked when I first got them in the Army. (The real Army...) If your boots have not been worn, you may return them. If the boots are worn, a squeak is not a defect warranting replacement. It's not a defect. It's leather. Someday we'll see about getting custom-made-squeak-free vinyl boots made...

Later

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
My dad liked the bit about the german snipers, just thought there might be a quick fix or something.
Wolfe
Edit- Also, the squeak seems to be coming from the sole of the shoe.

WolfeMan

One of the Regulars
After doing the hot water treatment, the squeak seems to have dissapeared, so all is well. I will post pics soon.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look what WWII impressions is going to produce:

http://www.wwiiimpressions.com/newusarmylowquarter.html

oxford1.JPG

HeyMoe

Practically Family
I have been looking for these for a while - I have gone as far as to die my old army low quarters brown (looked ok but wasn;t what I wanted).

csmiller

New in Town
If the shoe fits ....

They are just what I need. :) It isn't easy to find a period set that will fit me. And besides, I'm not sure I would want to wear them around even if I had a set. They look pretty accurate to me (not that I'm an expert....). Wonder when they will be out?

Craig

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Okay, boys, remember that the search function is your friend. We have ONE thread for low-quarter russet shoes and it's THIS one.

Great news about the WWII-i low-quarters. Too bad there isn't a price yet.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Hey, sorry for making a separate thread on this. Anyway, haven't got the answer on when the low quarters will be out yet, but they said they will run $150-160.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
OK, got back answer as to when they are going to have the shoes available. Exact words: "Perhaps by early summer, if not sooner." I can't wait.

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
Yes, I was just looking at those a few weeks ago. I guess I ought to try a pair. They are not dead wringers, but they are nice, especially for the price.

182359_ts.JPG

Last edited:

Atterbury Dodd

One Too Many
I broke down and put a reservation order in with WWII Impressions. When I get them many months from now, I will post pics. By the way, the more people that call and E-mail them begging them not to line the back part with canvas the better. The backward part of the shoe should be lined with leather, and the toe and tung should be lined with canvas, as it looks like they will be. Also the four lines of stitching along the side seam of the shoe should be placed closer together so that they appear to be two lines of stitching, Like so:
post-8022-1255786383.jpg

Please help me petition them since they are still in product development, I would love to see these as accurate as possible!

MissMittens

One Too Many
They would work just fine, but they're not exact. People won't notice though, trust me. I've worn boots with Class A's at events and had comments on how authentic I look from WW2 veterans

USAAF.jpg

cmjordan77

One of the Regulars
I am going to put in a reservation for WWII Impressions also.
I have an original pair size 10.5 C I might Trade sometime.
I think the WWII Impressions look nice, but you can never tell 100% until you get them.
The price is high though, you can get an original pair for the cost of the repros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21