Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WWII Scale Model Aircraft

Hey guys, there is another site I forgot to mention for you plastic scale modelers...go to Google... type in "sleepylafiel channel" it's on youtube. It is a internet channel from Japan who supplies these master modelers with scale model kits, unopened...and they take you from start to finish of the model being built. There must be twenty or so, of different shows with different models from WWII aircraft to ships, armor and cars etc. Each show has about 3 to 7 episodes for each model being built. Only one drawback...it's all in Japanese! but you still get the drift of what they're doing after awhile. The techniques that these guys use are worth watching, including dioramas and how to build them as well. Go through the lists of different models being built...start from the bottom of the program you want to watch and work your way up the list...otherwise the program will be out of sequence. Check it out!
Jim

It was P-61s from either the 419 NFS or the 550 NFS of the 13th "Jungle" Air Force. My father was with XIII Fighter Command at this time. I mainly believe it was the 419th. I am an associate member of that group and have several friends that flew the P-61 with the 13th Air Force.

=GG=
Very cool, GG--someday I'd like to attempt the ultimate model build on the Black Widow: scratchbuild, 12"=1' scale, flyable. I've long had a love affair with the beast, just something about big, black, evil-lookin' birds that tends to seduce me. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner