Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You Big Softy! - Your Favourite Soft Drinks

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
clubwitsend said:
2317806002_490f4c6a0a.jpg

Stewart's Key Lime Soda is one of my very favorites!!

That looks superb!

Bustercat said:
Jones is good too. Have you heard about their seasonals? I'm not kidding: ham, gravy, pine tree... and that's for starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jones_Soda_flavors

I haven't ever been curious enough to try them.

Wow, I am pretty curious.

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
I don't drink fizzy drinks on a regular basis, but on the rare occasion I can get my hands on a zippy, spicy ginger beer, I take great delight in it.
The same for real sarsaparilla, and the dandelion & burdock that was available when I lived in Britain.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
I'll have to try one!

Fanschopp is pretty mild, considering the Chilean propensity for adding shots of gin, vodka, aguardiente or pisco into their afterwork coffee...

When my wife and I lived in Santiago, I could never bring myself to try it Marc. Suppose I should have bitten the bullet and bought one.

Or I could just whisk up one myself, it is summer over here after all!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Bustercat said:
Jones is good too. Have you heard about their seasonals? I'm not kidding: ham, gravy, pine tree... and that's for starters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jones_Soda_flavors

I haven't ever been curious enough to try them.
I have two packs, I believe from 06' and 07'. I remember flavors like peas, mashed potatoes, sodium bicarb, etc. I opened and tried a pack once,,, blah.*yucky* One pack came with a little cellophane pack of a plastic fork, knife and spoon

I'm actually featured on a Jones Soda Bottle (no big deal, I think you used to be able to pay for that honor). The photo of my friend and me holding some fish won a photo contest, so all the boys and girls can see us when they drink down their,,, DIET CREAM SODA. :eek: Double blah!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
I'll have to try one!

Fanschopp is pretty mild, considering the Chilean propensity for adding shots of gin, vodka, aguardiente or pisco into their afterwork coffee...

Not on this thread Mister.[bad] ;)

Lancealot

Practically Family
I just picked up a case of Blenheim Hot Ginger Ale. A personal favorite of mine. I drink it straight and also put in one of my favorite cocktails (that I learned about here at the lounge) the Dark and Stormy, a shot of dark rum (I use Meyers) and topped with the ginger ale.

Lancealot

Practically Family
Bustercat said:
My absolute faves:

Goya Ginger Beer.
With capsicum, this stuff is like a mule kick, and not over sweetened like most of the ginger ales out there. Cheap and unpretentious, yet all natural. Would buy it by the case every couple of weeks when I was on the east coast.
102_1.jpg

I tracked some down here. It has a great taste, some heat and sweet mixed together.

Bustercat

A-List Customer
Boss. Try it with some good spicy bbq or as a mixer.
I wonder if they have it at norcal Bevmo, I'm craving it. All the boutiique-ee ginger beer brands out here taste waay to sweet by comparison.

If I were made to give up tipple forever, that stuff would as close as I can ken to a suitable replacement.

Lancealot

Practically Family
Bustercat said:
Boss. Try it with some good spicy bbq or as a mixer.
I wonder if they have it at norcal Bevmo, I'm craving it. All the boutiique-ee ginger beer brands out here taste waay to sweet by comparison.

If I were made to give up tipple forever, that stuff would as close as I can ken to a suitable replacement.

I had one bottle straight and used the other in a dark and stormy. Good stuff but a little expensive compared to my usual Blenheim.

grundie

One of the Regulars
I'm rather partial to a regional Irish drink called McDaid's Football Special. It's fruity and was created to foam up when poured in to a sports trophy. Yummy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran