You know you are getting old when:

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by GHT, Apr 18, 2014.

1. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

Happens all the time.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. M Brown

M Brown One of the Regulars

You need a shave and just don't care.

3. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

...you need to go to the pot and just don’t care.

Zombie_61 and Bamaboots like this.
  4. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

You take off your glasses when you go out in the kitchen so you won't see all the cat litter tracked across the floor.

Zombie_61 and Turnip like this.
  5. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

... you remember when nonfat milk (we called it “skim milk” back then) had a bluish tinge.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  6. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

[​IMG]

Optician Nolte retired from business two months later.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Zombie_61 and LizzieMaine like this.
  7. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

That's the only thing, that bugged me, when I was cat-sitting! The cat pawed and threw litter crumbs out of the box, so I picked them up after poo-poo, every time.

8. Trenchfriend

Remember, when we had the genetics talk, a while ago?

Together with my mother, we visited my grandandunt, some minutes ago. She is born in 1932! And THIS well condition shows cleary good genetics. She got a little extern help on her clothing, room cleaning, etc., but in general, she's rockin' her houshold still alone!

We got so many people in Germany, which are looking "88" on being 60, 65 and so on. But such a solid condition, my grandaunt has on being 88, is nearly unbelievable. But I always wondered, that she didn't really age in the last 30 years.

Her sister in the neighbor-entrance is born 1940, the youngest of the sisters, and in a far worse condition!
    My grandma, which lived one floor above her, was born 1935 and in a similar solid condition like my above grandaunt.

One brother and his wife live straight across our street. He's born 1941 and still in a active, solid condition. His hip replacement does very well, since some years.

Other sister in Berlin is born 1938 and in a more or less solid condition, too. But her long working life as a geriatric nurse "took it's toll".

Other sister in Saxony is born 1937 and in good condition. She was housewife.

Man, they all want to outlive their children, or what?? :D

9. Trenchfriend

"Technology" on shoes...

I still want to walk myself. :rolleyes:

10. Trenchfriend

One thing, I can def. say:

The older I get, the harder my bureaucracy-allergy becomes. If I see "forms", all my nerv cords contract immediately or even everything went black.

Tiki Tom and Ticklishchap like this.
  11. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

...you buy your first chinos in life, voluntarily, without a gun on your nape.

Ticklishchap likes this.
  12. Ticklishchap

Ticklishchap One Too Many

I am enjoying wearing the same GAP Palomino Brown Chinos as Steve Kornacki: US readers will get this reference straightaway!

13. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Mine are just from a German brand that nobody will know, not even most Germans...;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    Ticklishchap likes this.
  14. Trenchfriend

Timezone?

15. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Otto Kern.

Trenchfriend likes this.
  16. Just Jim

Just Jim One of the Regulars

um, actually, no. Who is "Steve Kornacki"that we'd be expected to recognize him, and what are "Palimino Brown Chinos"?

17. Nobert

Nobert Practically Family

Taking advantage of the spate of unseasonably mild weather to clean out the basement, and discovering that there are not one but two 5 1/4" floppy disk drives down there puts things into some kind of perspective, though I'm not sure what.

18. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Do olive drab BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) pants count? 'Cause I'm not sure I'll ever be interested in owning an actual pair or two of chinos.

I have to go with Just Jim on this one. No idea who Steve Kornacki was, had to Google him. People actually watch MSNBC? :confused:

Turnip and Ticklishchap like this.
  19. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

It wasn't so much the fact that they were chinos as the colour that they were, slate grey. I had been looking for a pair of trousers in just the right shade of grey to go with a navy sports jacket.
    You wouldn't recognise them as chinos though, I bought them two inches too long and a waist size two inches too big. That talented missus of mine then went to work bringing the waist in and turning the excess hems up. The result was that the taper had all but disappeared and I had, arguably, the only pair of chinos with turned up cuffs.
    I am yet to buy my first ever pair of jeans though.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  20. Trenchfriend

It seems, it's very difficult to find the real classic Chinos with the wide fit, today.