Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You think I should sell a few?

mingoslim

Practically Family
My wife says I have too many hats . . .
I respect her opinion, but am wondering what you all think ;)

adamexecutivec195003.jpg

adamexecutivec195201.jpg

borsalinoallesandriac194502.jpg

dobbsc194005.jpg

dobbsfortyc194702.jpg

knoxc1950westlite02.jpg

knoxcavedge40c1945-01.jpg

OK . . . Truth be told, I just felt like showing off a little . . .
Actually, my wife already has two of these up on teh auction block . . .

EricH

One of the Regulars
That's it? But if you need help thinning the herd let me know;-) Eric (I quit counting so I would have plausible deniability)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Charity

EricH said:
That's it? But if you need help thinning the herd let me know;-) Eric (I quit counting so I would have plausible deniability)

Give them away.
For free.
Goes quicker.
Ease the pressure of doubt.
Improve your Karma.
Did the same with my excess shoes and suits.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
With all of the bids you're tossing into the Johnnyphi auctions, it doesn't seem like the herd will be too thinned by your sales. ;)

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Yes you should definitly sell a few 7 1/2 hats to me especially that Lee and any Stetson Strats that are a burden to you. you have so many and here I am wearing newspaper sailor hats to make it through the day! :D

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
So, Mingoslim -- in all seriousness -- how do decide which of your vintage lids to part with? I would think that would be a pretty tough exercise...:eek:

Cheers,
JtL

Snrbfshn

A-List Customer
I see gaps...

Sell them?!? How can you sell any of them when you're lacking so many to complete the collection. Heck, in my opinion, you're just getting started. Can't be more than another 1,000 or so before you're done.

mingoslim

Practically Family
OK . . .

You caught me . . .
This is only about 1/4 of my total collection . . .
Some of my favorites, but far from all :)

None of my new JohnnyPhi's are in this lot . . . I have only won three so far, but I absolutely can't let some of those go by without a bid, can I . . .

And actually, Mrs. Slim regularly makes me go through and thin the herd, and then posts on eBay . . . The problem is, I keep finding more to buy than she can sell!

But she is right you know . . . I am sitting here looking at 22 hat boxes in the corner . . . and you can only wear one at a time :)

mingoslim

Practically Family
No Bogart . . .

Not-Bogart13 said:
So, lemme get this straight. You're auctioning off hats, bragging about it, and not posting in the Classified. That's dirty. :rage:

I am not seeling them all off ;) Though Mrs. Slim might want me to lol
It was just an excuse to post pics of some of my faves.

It is true, Mrs. SLim does squeeze a few out from me from time to time . . .
But now that you mention it, I might see about putting a few in the Classifieds and see if anyone wants to TRADE . . . far more fun than selling them :)

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
When you guys thin out your collections you make it hard to use you as an example to my wife of why I need more hats:rage: I really think we need an Intervention before this gets out of hand [huh]

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
It would be a great way to show your love for Mrs. Slim by selling a few at low prices...and if I remember, I think you've got a bunch of 7 3/8 hats!;)

UH34D

New in Town
Well, if you come across something in 7-3/8 that might want to make a move to south central Ohio give me a shout. You may very well lay claim to being the provider of my "First" if you decide you might want to sell and I can afford. Now, hows that for incentive?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21