Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Young loungers

R.G. White

One of the Regulars
[size=+2]A question for all young loungers:[/size]

As keen on vintage (we all are!), how do you find night life in your area/city/country?
Are there places where you fit in (music-vise, and mentality-vise)?
..or do you have to "bend" your standards a little bit..
AND how much of "bending" is your limit???

I find it boring haha. I get along with virtually everyone I meet, no matter what they're like, but if I actually want to DO something with anyone I have to become modern, which I'd rather not. I try, but it just takes waaay too much effort! There's nothing very vintage to do around here. I'm just an old fart; at least my friends appreciate it, even if they don't join in. :p
I'm 19, by the way.

xXClockwork

New in Town
There is a place here in downtown Fort Worth called Scat Jazz Lounge. Dark room, good music, lots of good scotch and other drinks. You have to go down an alleyway, then take an elevator to the basement of the building. It's really cool.

2011111946scat_jazz_lounge_revised.jpg

Propeller Planes

New in Town
Hello! Been lurking for a while and haven't posted until now.

I live in a reasonably small capital city of Australia now (Adelaide, about 1 million people) and the nightlife here is pretty average. I would love to even have a small intimate jazz bar like the one posted above in Fort Worth.

Having moved here from a small country centre, I found still that there doesn't seem to be much of a 'scene' for vintage fans (Particularly younger folks) like us all. The only close is a rockabilly dancing scene, which as much as I'd like to join.... simply just don't have the time for.

Aside from that, I have better things to do than spend my Friday/Saturday night in a modern day bar, with loud repetitive 'doof doof' music and drunk youths with more intoxication than sense!

will.james

New in Town
[size=+2]A question for all young loungers:[/size]

As keen on vintage (we all are!), how do you find night life in your area/city/country?
Are there places where you fit in (music-vise, and mentality-vise)?
..or do you have to "bend" your standards a little bit..
AND how much of "bending" is your limit???

well i my dress style is 50s but i mix new and vintage, there is some rockabilly bands i like and
see but there's not a lot of places where i live so do lots of "blending" but i like it

mimesis2nemesis

One of the Regulars
I'm 24, and this is the first time that I've ventured on this thread. I have always been considered an oddball (Even my family thinks so) and I've liked vintage things ever since I was a little kid. I would say my style falls somewhere around the 1930s to late 1950s, but I'm on the more "formal" side of it. This forum is actually the only place where I have seen people who share some of my interests, none of my friends do, but they don't really mind it. As for yhe places i fit in... I have no idea how that is [huh] I'm currently at college studying digital animation and videogame design, and have a job in a small advertising company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo