Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Young loungers

Giben

New in Town
After 4 years or so I have discovered this post.
I registered here way back as a kid now I am 19 (wow it feels weird saying that).
I love the 1930s because of things like Indiana Jones and the second world war and Poirot. From then I have appreciated silent films which is where I found my love for Buster Keaton which has not gotten me addicted to 1920s.
To feed my habit I do WW2 GI reenacting.

BladeOfAnduril

One of the Regulars
Well... I'm 26, but I only just noticed this threat today, and since I joined the Lounge when I was still 25 I'll give myself a pass. :cool:

I came here primarily because of the hats. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm really all that into vintage style per se, but I enjoy what I guess some would refer to as timeless style. I've always rather enjoyed the opportunity to put on a suit, though that opportunity doesn't present itself very often. Recently I've become more serious about improving my mode of dress. Toward that end I became interested in fedoras and found this site.

I find that I don't really fit in well with my generation. I value virtues that don't seem common any longer. I value intelligence, respect, civility, personal responsibility, self-respect and general regard for others. These all seem like things that were more common in the Golden Era and with generations past. I hope that by reinvigorating the practice of some of these bygone qualities, styles and practices perhaps I can help to steer the world back to a more ideal state.

mummyjohn

Familiar Face
I find that I don't really fit in well with my generation. I value virtues that don't seem common any longer. I value intelligence, respect, civility, personal responsibility, self-respect and general regard for others. These all seem like things that were more common in the Golden Era and with generations past. I hope that by reinvigorating the practice of some of these bygone qualities, styles and practices perhaps I can help to steer the world back to a more ideal state.

Good man. Don't lower your standards to fit the world's, uphold them to yours.

QueenOfRandom

New in Town
Well I have been interested in vintage for a while, I love the joy of finding a one off piece and knowing there is a story behind it. Old movies are what probably really sparked my interest, I love a femme fatale and French new wave. I blame my film teacher actually xD It all started with the Beatles and my undying love for them and A Hard Days Night but I have steadily gone further back in the decades and fallen in love with 40's style in particular, women were just so classy then!

By the way, I am 22 years old and from Hertfordshire in the UK, should have started with that >.< I am now venturing in to doing my hair in vintage style (difficult!) and it seems my make up tastes are quite vintage anyway so that's good. Just want to practice on my sewing skills and start making my own dresses etc from vintage patterns. Oh and I crochet, currently working on a cardigan (and a beautiful Juliet Cap from a vintage pattern) so please hit me up on Ravelry if you like, laplinp my username.

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
Hey all, I've been prowlin' around the boards for a while now and have made a few replies here and there. I'm 24 years old and my love for vintage started back in middle school when I started taking history classes. Now, twelve years later, I've got a history degree in "modern" warfare (WWI-present) and spend most of my time trying to emulate the styles and values of the past.

To me, the golden era represents a time when people, for lack of a better phrase, gave a damn. I also must admit that it makes me feel good when I walk into a room wearing a suit whilst everyone else is wearing ill-fitting pants and looking slovenly. :p

The music of the era is also appealing because it HAD mass appeal. You could dance to it, and the players actually had talent, whereas mainstream artists today can sound like a million bucks because they have entire studios and effects at their disposal.

But this is who I am, and I hope to be able to contribute intelligent discussions to the board.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[size=+2]A question for all young loungers:[/size]

As keen on vintage (we all are!), how do you find night life in your area/city/country?
Are there places where you fit in (music-vise, and mentality-vise)?
..or do you have to "bend" your standards a little bit..
AND how much of "bending" is your limit???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo