Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your Drinking Partner From The Golden Age?

cptjeff

Practically Family
rmrdaddy said:
F.A.S

sinatra.jpg

Reputedly, Frank was not the nicest person to be around in private.

Dean Martin was supposedly an amazing guy with a great sense of humor though.

WH1

Practically Family
Great thread idea, reminds me of an excellent show on PBS back in the 70's, Meeting of the Minds with Steve Allen. Actors portraying various historical figures such as Jefferson, Galileo, Socrates, Cleopatra, etc. sit down for dinner and discuss everything.

Hmmm Drinking of the Minds...lol

Several I would like to have a drink with Brendan Behan and Dorothy Parker are obvious, but only in a crowded room with lots of A-Listers, think of the commentary. Don Rickles would be interesting of those who are still alive. Jim Corbett or Denys Finch-Hatton, the hunters, would be fascinating and are probably my top choices. Although got to go with Spitfire on Sophia, wow.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
cptjeff said:
Dean Martin was supposedly an amazing guy with a great sense of humor though.

I know a man who grew up a block from Dean Martin, and knew him off and on through the decades. Without reservation, he reported that Dean was, to the end, a decent, normal guy who never got too big to remember where he came from, or to call an old friend.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Edsel Ford or Billy Durant. I'd love to get their take on Michigan's current situation.

Henry Ford didn't approve of alcohol, and the Dodge Bros. Are kind of pre-Golden Era, otherwise they'd be interesting too. Well, on second thought, the Dodge Bros might end up kicking my rear axle, so to speak, so maybe I'd prefer to have a coffee with those fellows anyway.

-Dave

SkullCowboy

New in Town
Boris Karloff. I think it would be a hoot to toss back a few with someone who could be so sinister on the screen yet was reputed to be very kind with a great sense of humor.

Tiller

Practically Family
Adding another one I'd say Phil Harris. I'd love to travel with his band. Besides him Churchill, Mencken, Dean Martin, and Frank would be cool.

Of course the next day I'd want to golf with Crosby and Hope ;).

If we were in 1952 I'd want to be with Grace Kelly :p.lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran