Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your favorite outerwear Instagram account(s)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I follow this japanese leather jacket channel, not about their long body lewis leather inspired jackets, but more about how they bury the leather in the soil and use it to make a jacket and other experiment

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
and just watched this one, they like to talk about more specific topic like sleeve creases and such thing that many western channel don't care to talk about, so even with auto translator it's still nice to watch

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I like reading and watching stuff like that, i can imagine talking about it or showing that excitement over pinched skin caused by leather jacket with ooh aahh sugoi would be embarrassing and cheesy to grownup men although it seems more normal in their culture, and I certainly enjoy to watch those geekery.

Tbh the whole high end workwear thing is so tired and fatigued for me at this point I feel like it looks like a Kohl’s advert. Hasn’t really changed, hasn’t aged well and it’s so insanely boring, like a middle aged man school uniform. It’s Dockers for the guy who swears he won’t wear Dockers….while wearing Dockers.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Tbh the whole high end workwear thing is so tired and fatigued for me at this point I feel like it looks like a Kohl’s advert. Hasn’t really changed, hasn’t aged well and it’s so insanely boring, like a middle aged man school uniform. It’s Dockers for the guy who swears he won’t wear Dockers….while wearing Dockers.
100%

Guy's lining up for the next 'drop' of Clinch boots or Freewheelers / Rainbow Country jackets, even though they already own each and every model in five different colors. Wearing mirror shine work boots that don't have a single scuff on them. It's a joke.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
100%

Guy's lining up for the next 'drop' of Clinch boots or Freewheelers / Rainbow Country jackets, even though they already own each and every model in five different colors. Wearing mirror shine work boots that don't have a single scuff on them. It's a joke.
What about wearing mirror shine work boots with many scratches on them?;)

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Workwear articles are just everyday clothes now, nobody relates them to hard life they are supposedly used and beaten daily to get such look how old boots and jacket ended up, while on the otherhand manufacturer amp up the thickness of the leather, the higher grade of the horsebutt whatever to make the most resilient footwear so is the leather jacket and denim situation, so we have pristine looking stuff worn by people posing to be doing something in the outdoor for 10 minutes. perhaps by the 1000th post they would look worn a lil bit... if they don't rotate them between 5 other pairs that more or less look the same

I mean no disrespect but I can't get past the monotony of it all. I just can’t look at what amounts to the same small rotation of jacket>denim>boots and feign even the slightest excitement. This stands true for my own reflection as well. I love a good Halfbelt or M/C jacket but at a certain point the saturation is such that it all just washes out into a vanilla black hole that mirrors a north face vest and polo shirt at the ass end. It could well be that I’m just bored in genera with this stuff. Which at this point. I should be.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I think if you mix up the pants game with other non denim option, you might find your old excitement back toward your denim pants, I guess the same with jacket or boots...
hey perhaps it is a sign that you just felt really bored with your converse, perhaps if you try on I dunno moccasins, western boots, harness, etc. it might open a fresh perspective toward it.
I mean no disrespect but I can get past the monotony of it all. I just can’t look at what amounts to the same small rotation of jacket>denim>boots and feign even the slightest excitement. This stands true for my own reflection as well. I love a good Halfbelt or M/C jacket but at a certain point the saturation is such that it all just washes out into a vanilla black hole that mirrors a north face vest and polo shirt at the ass end. It could well be that I’m just bored in genera with this stuff. Which at this point. I should be.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I mean no disrespect but I can get past the monotony of it all. I just can’t look at what amounts to the same small rotation of jacket>denim>boots and feign even the slightest excitement. This stands true for my own reflection as well. I love a good Halfbelt or M/C jacket but at a certain point the saturation is such that it all just washes out into a vanilla black hole that mirrors a north face vest and polo shirt at the ass end. It could well be that I’m just bored in genera with this stuff. Which at this point. I should be.
Very clear case of saturation ;)
And I can understand it.
Still in the pre-internet/social media time I had two leather jackets for years and was happy. If I ever saw others somewhere (magazines / stores), I was interested and curious.
At some point I discovered Instagram and suddenly collected tons of leather jacket pictures and wanted to have them.
And now, after seeing thousands of pictures and owning a few jackets, I just swipe over them and little caught my attention.
But that's ok. So there is room for other again. ;)

Observe

Practically Family
I feel like I'm getting more cynical and more "over it" when it comes to this stuff. I haven't gone as deep as many of you, but I've had a taste of a range of jackets (my main interest), from vintage to Five Star to RMC. I still like leather jackets and boots (again have tried a wide range of high end footwear) but I feel a bit boxed in by it all and want to open myself up to different styles, some of which would fall squarely outside the vintage or traditional sphere. Maybe that's just me getting bored. Maybe it's because this site has been not working properly for the last month!

I love vintage and thrift store treasures, but I wouldn’t call my style “vintage”…Like others I prefer to mix it all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot