Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zootshooting

vedearduff

New in Town
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought it better than starting a new one on the same topic.

I just joined the AZSA and am in the process of starting a Club in central Indiana. I though I'd post here to see if any of you would be interested.

If interested, either post in this thread or PM me.

Cheers.

Vernon

vedearduff

New in Town
Deacon,

I've never been much for nick names, but decided to go with the correct (German) spelling of my family name and a Germanic first name. I went with Karl Dierdorf.

For a persona, I'm considering two options. Both will be a post WWI German immigrant. Either a Federal Agent (think Untouchable) or a trigger-man for one of the mob factions.

By the way, I was able to get to the range last Monday and put 100 rounds through my Thompson. Operation was flawless and, once I found the elevation setting on the sight, I was able to pick off fragments of clay birds on the 100 yard backstop.

The adjustable sight on the 1927a1 is one of my only two complaints with the rifle. I have a fix for that, I've ordered a replacement rear sight leaf assembly from Numrich. This was $96.85 including shipping. The least expensive Lyman sight I've found was $174.99. All I'll need to do is drift out the pin, remove the leaf that came on the gun, install the replacement, and reinstall the pin.

My only other complaint is that the mag catch needs to be modified for use with original mags. I have 5 20 rounders and will be modifying the catch this weekend.

Cheers,

Vernon (aka Karl)

Story

I'll Lock Up
Just to float this to the top again, anyone with a Kahr semi-auto Thompson in need of modified 30 round slightly speckled blued magazines can drop me a line directly ($190 for nine, shipped CONUS where legal).

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I have a feeling that Lawless will swell the ranks of Zoot shooters. From what I saw of the preview, it's quite the action movie.

later

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Okay, quick update on some rules:
.30 Luger, 7.63 Mauser, 7.62 Nagant and 7.62x25 Tokarev are now legal. The .30 Carbine M1 is also now legal. The dates are up to 1950 for design and production. This is not a military re-enacting sport, so Military uniforms are only allowed if they actually fought in the Prohibition battles, ie: Marines in railroad Post Office boxcars, RCMP, Coast Guard. Long guns that fire straight walled cartridges, 1907 Winchester or lever guns, etc. The M1 Thompson is also legal.

Story

I'll Lock Up
So how does yours stack up? Besides the three 1921 Thompsons, what else do they have?

jmcv.jpg

L. C. Lawrence

New in Town
HTML:
The price of a Thompson would be painful, not to mention feeding it!

Not too high... just sold mine not long ago. Took up too much room in gun safe for never really having a good use. Ammo was pricy if you used full drum magazine. Weighed a ton empty, with a full drum of ammo... almost impossible for a woman my size to shoot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21