Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

007's Shirt

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
I just added this dress shirt based on Connery's turned-back cuffed shirt:

mc-007shirt-main.jpg

https://host385.ipowerweb.com/~indyprop/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=59

Although it's a fairly simple shirt, the unique cuffs were difficult to get just right. The shirt shown is the same twill cotton I use for my Indy shirts, but I'm also offering it in Sea Island Cotton, the material Ian Fleming's Bond wears. Let me know what you think.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Indy Magnoli

Vendor
The Sea Island Cotton feels like a cotton/silk blend to me. It has a little sheen to it which reminds me of silk.

The cuffs were the hardest part to get right. They fasten by two buttons along the wrist beneath the folded part of the cuff. I believe the spread of the cuff is emphasized when you move around. The prototypes were made a bit stiffer than I think the future models will. Without the interfacing, the cuffs should spread more naturally, as they seem to have done on Connery's shirts.

Kind regards,
Indy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails