Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

$268 shoes. Outrageously not worth it?

rachelolive92

Banned
So I just bought these shoes for $268. I think they are absolutely FABULOUS, but I also think I am completely nuts for spending that much on a pair of shoes. I'm still debating whether or not to return them and go buy something of better use, as well as the fact that I will be broke for the next month or so. But god, am I obsessed.
shoes here.
So, too outrageous? Keep or return.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I can't speak one way or the other about that particular seller (I've never heard of them), but if you are familiar with a make, vendor, style, country of origin, and so on, you can spend that or a lot more on a pair of shoes. The most I've ever paid was $375 for a pair of Allen Edmonds, from Harry Rosen in Toronto. That was in 1999.

Worth.
Every.
Penny.

And still have and wear them (they have been re-heeled twice).

Sometimes, you do get what you pay for.

Again, I haven't a clue about those ones though!

Last edited:
Agreed. No clue on that seller, but I've paid over $1000 for western (cowboy) boots. totally worth it, but you could get good ones for $200. Up to you. People here spend $1500 on jackets. I've got some at 10% of that that are good. But I'd drop $1k on a jacket no problem if it's what I want.
Can't tell, you what to do. But research sellers.

oldcrow82

One of the Regulars
Research, research, research! Ask fellow loungers if they have had any experience with the brand. My experience here is there is a tremendous wealth of information. Those are not my style, but style is personal preference, quality however, is measurable. It appears as though you have been warned about the vendor, happy hunting and good luck. O.C.

Last edited:

JanSolo

Practically Family
Looks like a cheap calfskin shoe with glued-on sole. Not worth more than 100 Dollars I would say. For that amount of money you should get something more classic, more decent with a welted sole. Check out LeatherSoul Hawaii, or have a look at the Red Wing, Viberg, Wesco or White's range.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I looked for the brand on a couple other sites, and the prices are consistent. I must say, while I think that expensive shoes can be worth EVERY PENNY, I would want to be very familiar with the brand, and have a good idea if they'd fit (can't try on on the inernet), before I took the plunge. My impression of Italian shoes is that they're beautifully built, and very comfortable, but they aren't very durable, and fall apart quickly.

Black Leather

New in Town
Reminds me of this Neuman quote from the Color of Money: "You walk into a shoe store with a hundred and fifty bucks, you come out with one shoe! We were working on five thousand!"

kyboots

Practically Family
I have to say I would have a Wesco or Viberg for a little more money. It is whether you love it or not, and if you want that kind of money in that shoe. To each his own, buy what you like; who cares what anyone else thinks. However there are some pretty good opinions out here! Hope you can get your refund.Good luck! ---John

Edward

Bartender
Not my style. If you like it, though (subjective), and if the quality is there (objective), go for it. Within reason, shoes are one thing worth spending the money on.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Reminds me of this Neuman quote from the Color of Money: "You walk into a shoe store with a hundred and fifty bucks, you come out with one shoe! We were working on five thousand!"
Neuman:
alfred_e_neuman.jpg

Newman:
paul-newman91.jpg

The Wesco boots could cost less if you get lucky and find a pair that fits you on their Factory Seconds list.

normanf

One of the Regulars
Comparable to the Haferl Richard I have.They cost me $200. You can't go wrong with a classic halfschuh boot. They are beautifully made and well worth the cost!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo