Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-1 Jacket / A1 Flying Jacket - The ultimate Golden Era flying accessory!

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Eastman A-1

image.jpg

Reactions: Dav

zhz

Practically Family
From somewhere in China. Not quite sure of the exact brand name, but the inner tag indicates it is made by 'RTWB' and it cost me about $150-200.
The pattern itself is more or less a direct copy of Toys McCoy A-1 jacket (in leather of course) with the 43rd Squadron patch.

Would you mind posting all the inner tags? I've never heard of RTWB. I suspect this is a Japanese brand. (Trust me, I know almost all the Chinese brands that making repro style cloth.)

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Would you mind posting all the inner tags? I've never heard of RTWB. I suspect this is a Japanese brand. (Trust me, I know almost all the Chinese brands that making repro style cloth.)
RTWB is 环球. Chinese name can be translated to "Universal"? They sew their RTWB tag inside the pocket like other repros. They have a canvas A-2 in size 44 only on Taobao. It is possible that these are made as cloth samples before producing the actual leather jackets.

Last edited:

bentusian

One of the Regulars

Let me get you the photo of the tag later.
There is a chance their products are supplied to Japanese market, but as Blackadder mentioned I am sure it is a Chinese brand roughly translated into Universal or Global Manufacturing or something like that. A friend of mine imported (from China) some of their stuff as samples but that was about it. It seemed that RTWB also makes repro A-2s and tanker jackets.

Blackadder

There is a chance their products are supplied to Japanese market, but as Blackadder mentioned I am sure it is a Chinese brand roughly translated into Universal or Global Manufacturing or something like that. A friend of mine imported (from China) some of their stuff as samples but that was about it. It seemed that RTWB also makes repro A-2s and tanker jackets.

The tags (Photos from their shop at Taobao). I guess RTWB is their English brand name. They do make repro B-10, N-1 and tanker etc in addition to A-1 and A-2. TB2Qi_haFXXXXb9XXXXXXXXXXXX_!!47018110.jpg T2oIx6XkdbXXXXXXXX_!!47018110.jpg

Last edited:

zhz

Practically Family

Yes, thanks. I know which company it is now after Blackadder pointed its Chinese name here, they don't do Japanese market, as I know, most their Jackets are based on Real Mccoy. Their products are not that bad actually.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I hear ya. I've never been the kind of guy to carry things. So my pockets have traditionally been empty unless my hands were in them. Apart from a wallet and pen knife in my jeans, I've got nothing.

Ah, see, you're way ahead of me there. I just got plain old 'nothing'.

schitzo

Suspended
interesting, I'm in Beijing now. May have to get my courier to take a look at this page and have a word with the seller

Blackadder

If you search A-2 on Taobao, you can find some interesting shops. You can even find the M422a and 1939 Weber A-2 "designed" by a fellow lounger. The thing though is some of the shops post pictures copied somewhere else as their own. I guess some ebay sellers do too.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner