Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 Restoration: Who to use?

TXFlyGuy

Practically Family
There is at least one or more tailor shops in Dallas that can do that work.

www.minskytux.com

Expert Leather Clothing Alterations & Repairs
Minsky Tailors has been family owned and operated since 1982,
providing the very best in leather clothing alterations and repair services
to the Dallas metroplex area. High quality and convenience of service
have been the cornerstones of our business for over thirty two years.
We work on Motorcycle Jacket - Jacket - Coat
Dress - Chaps - Pant - Racing Suit...

Shorten sleeves, Taper, Patches

Shorten Sleeves.
Shorten Length.
Knitted Cuffs & Bottom.
New Zipper.
New Lining.
Rip & Tears.
New Snaps.
Stitch Patches
Cleaning & Re-dyeing (Same Color)

Taper sides, Shorten sleeves, Zipper, Snaps.

Chaps- shorten, taper leg, zipper

Sew patches on jacket service

Take in sides so jacket fit better

819 W. Arapaho Rd # 28
Richardson, TX 75080
Phone: 972-783-0307
Text Message Only: 972-884-0551

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I can personaly vouch for Minsky Tailors located in Richardson TX, a suburb of Dallas and have used him myself for leather repairs.

Stand By

One Too Many
If it was my prized vintage A2, I'd send it to Alexander Leathers and ask for it to be done by Edith. She made my Aero ANJ-3 and her skills are stunning. Later she added the leather patches and name tag , changed the zip to a vintage NOS Talon and replaced the knits - and there's absolutely no sign of any of it being being altered; it just looks flawless. She's amazing - so I'd ask them if she's available for the job.
I don't know how the quality of their cotton lining for an A2 fares and so I'd definitely ask for a swatch to make my own assessment beforehand, as these things vary from company to company (ELC's I really like, for instance) and I'd want the absolute best for that, of course. Depending on how you feel about it, you may wish to go with it or consider sourcing your own cotton material for that - and ask them how many sq. yards you need to send with the jacket.
But IMHO, Edith's your lady for the job and would be totally worth the expense of the air mail.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing the finished restoration!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
changed the zip to a vintage NOS !

Now that's what my wife is looking for. She's just repaired all the nicks, rips and tears, in our friend's A2. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this though. I haven't got a vintage leather, so I'm ignorant of makes & models.

The label reads: Type A-2 DWG 30-1415 A.C.ORDER NO 38-171LP

The zipper needs replacing, anybody know of a supplier? It would be much appreciated.

Stand By

One Too Many
You see, that's why I love this place. I mean, really. What better example can there be of someone needing some good, authentic and instant help? Done!
Good one, Sloan.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Happy to help.
Sadly, Aero weren't as helpful as Sloan, they didn't return my email, and I gave up phoning them after being put on hold, seemingly forever.
For what it's worth, if anyone is repairing or restoring a leather jacket, my wife found a company on the Wirral.
Calico Laine, stock a huge range of zips. If the link doesn't take you to the zip department, you will need to click on haberdashery, then zips. They are a perfect replacement and only cost a few pounds.

Hide'n'seek

One of the Regulars
Sadly, Aero weren't as helpful as Sloan, they didn't return my email, and I gave up phoning them after being put on hold, seemingly forever.
For what it's worth, if anyone is repairing or restoring a leather jacket, my wife found a company on the Wirral.
Calico Laine, stock a huge range of zips. If the link doesn't take you to the zip department, you will need to click on haberdashery, then zips. They are a perfect replacement and only cost a few pounds.

PM Sent

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There has been an unfortunate misunderstanding. It is very important to always use approved zips by Aero for Aero products. I wouldn't recommend that you use anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff