Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A New Schott Model: The 603USA Cafecto

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, everyone!!! lol, I'm impressed to see you impressed, Mysteryo! XD

This is a really good one, guys.
To me, it's the one I've been looking for. Near everything I've bought so far has either been a compromise or the size didn't work out, like with my Aero CR. Which would be it if I didn't mess up the length. That was my fault entirely. This one's it - no compromise. Perfect. If there is one thing I would perhaps change, it would be the cat eye slanted chest zippers, but other details make up for it. I don't really know anything about Confed. motorcycles and even if it wasn't Schott, I would still be drooling over this jacket just as much.
A thousand dollars is a lot of money for any leather jacket but drawing from comparison to other high end jackets that I've seen and handled, I just don't see how or why this particular jacket shouldn't be priced as high.
Also, I know this model is heavily based on the CAF1 but looking at the measurements and the photos, this jacket appears to be considerably different (CAF1 has 25" sleeves at sz. 40). Very exaggerated form to it.

Some crummy fit photos. Sorry for the mess, I'm living with a teacher and pardon the rest of the attire, I really didn't expect it to arrive today. The jacket's brand new so it's still keeping its form and this HH is just as tough as Aero HH (very similar feel to it!) so plenty of break in required - which I won't get a chance to do this year, looking at the forecast.

But yeah, I'm really happy with it. That may change, we all know how it goes, but this time I can't think of a reason why would I suddenly change my mind. As far as the CR style goes, I think I'm done...
LOVE IT!!! GREAT FIT!!! SCHOTT!!! HORSEHIDE!!!.....SWEET BABY SWEET!!!

IXL

One Too Many
My 618HH was just as heavy as any FQHH I've had. Except for possibly the HWM that I've had but then again, the 118 Naked Cow I have for sale is

I don't know, guys, this jacket removes any and all doubt I may have ever had in Schott. This hide is much different than the usual Schott HH, it's not nearly as shiny and actually looks and feels very much like Horween FQHH, albeit with a much firmer finish. Other than that, it is equally stiff/pliable and thick/heavy, with the same texture and character to it.

As for everything else, stitching and construction is beyond perfection (you can see how everything is put together) and the fit is without any doubt the best I've ever had, and by far. It's very fitted with thin waist, still plenty of chest space. Just perfect around the shoulders. Sleeves are spot on 27" when measured in a straight line from the shoulder.
This jacket is something else... I've never seen anything like this and I don't think I will.

And I'll just bet that the zippers work correctly, too!!
Great looking jacket you got there!!

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
That jacket looks just awesome Monitor, fits you so well too. Been considering a Schott CAF1 as the last one I tried on fit me so well - should've just picked it up back then and be done with it ... this one looks even better! Confederate Motorcycles are a very niche, limited production American motorcycle brand, hardcore stuff!

Here's their store site with the jacket, very tempting! http://store.confederate.com/products/cm1#tab3

I can only thank you guys for all the awesome comments! :D lol Zippers work well, IXL. 2wheel, I don't know how much this CM1 deviates from the CAF1 but I would definitely recommend you guys at least look into it. It's so well made, with every detail thoroughly thought out. Very fancy jacket, something I wish will tone down a bit by wear - this is not a complaint at all, BTW, just that the jacket screams newness on top of being quite fancy in itself. XD

I really love the small logo both on the shoulder and the collar. Looks cool.

What sucks is that I've no idea what to do now. Do I continue my hunt for Brooks? Dominator??

I can only thank you guys for all the awesome comments! :D lol Zippers work well, IXL. 2wheel, I don't know how much this CM1 deviates from the CAF1 but I would definitely recommend you guys at least look into it. It's so well made, with every detail thoroughly thought out. Very fancy jacket, something I wish will tone down a bit by wear - this is not a complaint at all, BTW, just that the jacket screams newness on top of being quite fancy in itself. XD

I really love the small logo both on the shoulder and the collar. Looks cool.

What sucks is that I've no idea what to do now. Do I continue my hunt for Brooks? Dominator??
Now you do this:
2_Buddha_enlightenment.jpg

Now you enjoy your jacket and live vicariously through others that are still in search of their dream jacket.
"The journey is the destination"
And whoever said that never owned a leather jacket:)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, that's just it man. Perfect, literally perfect and I can't see any single aspect that could be improved!

Unfortunately guys, I decided to sell it. There's one crease in the left sleeve that's forming all wrong so I have to let go of it. I've already sent a letter of complaint to Schott. The quest goes on.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Unfortunately guys, I decided to sell it. There's one crease in the left sleeve that's forming all wrong so I have to let go of it. I've already sent a letter of complaint to Schott. The quest goes on.
That sucks big time, really sorry to hear this. They can just send you out another one...correct? Man...i'm SCHOTT down!!

I'm sure that same sleeve is developing an unsightly grain. Totally mismatched to the rest of the jacket. Just burn it dude. It can't be saved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner