Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aerial Star Vintage Leather Jackets - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys. I'll do a thorough review (jacket arrives Thursday) but in no way are my pictures turning out better than that!

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Any chance the jacket arrived a day early?!? ..................... looking forward to the review!

I know the feeling of waiting for a review all too well. It can be as tough as waiting for a jacket to arrive sometimes! Still expecting it tomorrow though.
Review will be posted Friday.

D

Deleted member 16736

I'd like to add that the leather is very nice. It's aniline-dyed and looks and feel natural with plenty of grain. I've had a sample for a while now and it gets better all the time.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Guys, I received the jacket today. Unfortunately it was nearly dark by the time I opened the box, so the shots will have to wait until tomorrow.
I'm very impressed. Yes, the russet looks as nice as in the pictures.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Received this jacket yesterday, an A-2 with side-entry pockets from the new company, Aerial Star Leather. Very impressed as mentioned before, with the jacket, and more so with the service from Chris. Speaking with him, I'm confident a lot of thought and care was taken into making these jackets.

-Size 40 Civilian A-2 with two-way pockets
3 oz chrome-tanned, analine dyed (with waterproofing topcoat) russet steerhide
"Russet" colored lining
100% wool knits
Color-matched thread (not the tan pictured on the website)
No hook, collar snaps or ventilation holes
Elongated sleeves and a bit longer body length

Here it is in the sunlight:
image_zps63a942bd.jpg

I think it's just about the finest shade of russet I've ever seen. As you can see, laying the jacket out in the sunlight really brings the orange/gold tones out of the leather. Indoors it becomes a bit darker but is still a very lively light brown color.
The collar/label:
image_zps82d7cc40.jpg

Note that the collar is my favorite feature of the jacket. It's very uniquely shaped and has a great look.
The cargo pockets w/handwarmer pockets:
image_zps4ea3f29e.jpg

The epaulet/stitching:
image_zps1bccf972.jpg

The knits:
image_zpsf47ae233.jpg

The shapes of the knits are a bit different than those on other A-2s I have worn. Another unique feature. They're a bit tight right now (careful taking it on and off) but they should stretch over time.
The jacket, unzipped:
image_zpsf7feff66.jpg

Fit pic #1:
image_zps2aa9be11.jpg

As you might be able to see, the shoulders and upper arms are constructed a bit roomier so there is no binding of the arms, unlike a mil-spec A-2. Many civilian A-2s from the 1940s-50s marketed this feature. The elegant look of the collar is also illustrated here. I feel there is virtually zero break-in required to get it comfortable, but in time I predict it will develop a proper drape when it softens up.
Fit pic #2 (don't look at my off-center belt-buckle):
image_zps6087f755.jpg

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Hey your jacket looks nice, the fit looks about right in the sleeves, maybe a bit boxy at the moment but it should settle down a bit with some wear... Any specific reason why you choose the mods you did? Good luck with it..

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Love the colour. Sort of a 42 contract feel. A bit of rough wear and I'm sure it'll start to 'belong' to you.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Hey your jacket looks nice, the fit looks about right in the sleeves, maybe a bit boxy at the moment but it should settle down a bit with some wear... Any specific reason why you choose the mods you did? Good luck with it..

Chris told me he wanted to revise the standard model a bit to not include some of the hardware and change the thread color. I told him I had no objections to my model having these changes. He told me the website model is still an option though for customers.

Love the colour. Sort of a 42 contract feel. A bit of rough wear and I'm sure it'll start to 'belong' to you.

I thought the same thing about the 42 actually. That's funny. I think the collar is very Dubow-esque.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket, and it seems to fit. I like a looser A2 than some others. Yours looks quite nice. And their prices seem quite reasonable. They don't make em in my size so enjoy!

Worf

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket, and it seems to fit. I like a looser A2 than some others. Yours looks quite nice. And their prices seem quite reasonable. They don't make em in my size so enjoy!

Worf

Email him. Tell him Nick told you he will never buy from you again unless he makes a jacket in your size. :)

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Email him. Tell him Nick told you he will never buy from you again unless he makes a jacket in your size. :)

Ha Ha!!!! That's what I like... INFLUENCE!!!! I got an in!!!! Thanks man you made my night!!!

Worf

PS, I looked at the pics again and the stitching is exquisite! Thanks for sharing!

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really like the design of this civi A-2, particularly the collar and the pockets. Although the sleeves tunnel at the moment they should improve through wear. You either need to wear trousers with a higher waistband or have an inch or so added to the bottom of the jacket to have the perfect fit IMO! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner