Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 1930's Halfbelt just arrived

andy richards

Practically Family
Hi,
My 1930's Halfbelt just arrived! The order was placed on March 3, 2010. On june 4th the jacket came in but unfortunately it came with two diagonally placed chest pockets... So I returned it and exact two weeks later (today) a perfect 1930's Halfbelt arrived! The colour, fitting, stitching is all perfect.

- The size is 42 (I am 6ft 1),
- 26" back length,
-27" front length (giving it a slight sloping front),
- 25" arm length,
- two horizontal chest pockets,
- no storm cuffs,
- od green cotton lining,
- two inner pockets with vertical acces and snap-closure,
- 2" strap on inside bottom to prevent wear.

Here the first pictures...
Andy

IMG00012.jpg

IMG00011.jpg

IMG00010-1.jpg

IMG00009-1.jpg

IMG00004-3.jpg

53Effie

A-List Customer
Beautiful jacket, Andy. Is that lining the gabardine material? I am envious. It really looks great.

Mike

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks guys.
The lining is heavy cotton twill. I don't know the exact name of it, but it is the sturdiest cotton aero offers. Maybe Jan S knows the fabric better.
The jacket cost 500 UK/p , leather strap was an additional 50 UK/p and postage was 15 UK/p, so total 565 UK/p. A lot of money though, but this jacket will last a few decades and more... Considering that, some good outdoor parka's cost me about the same but I am unsure how long they will last.
Andy

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
andy richards said:
Thanks guys.
The lining is heavy cotton twill. I don't know the exact name of it, but it is the sturdiest cotton aero offers. Maybe Jan S knows the fabric better.
The jacket cost 500 UK/p , leather strap was an additional 50 UK/p and postage was 15 UK/p, so total 565 UK/p. A lot of money though, but this jacket will last a few decades and more... Considering that, some good outdoor parka's cost me about the same but I am unsure how long they will last.
Andy

Wow man, wat een vet jack!! Smart thinking with that additional strap on the inside.. it should prevent the liner wearing down at the bottom-edge of the jacket?

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

andy richards

Practically Family
Thanks guys.
It just started raining out here, a good moment to wear the jacket ;) .
Yes, the strap on the inside is to prevent the lining dropping down and to prevent wear. I intent to wear the jacket also when driving, so some "stress" is to be expected on the back.
Will post some more pics.
Andy

crismans

New in Town
This jacket is just a thing of beauty! I have been tossing around the idea of getting one of these and I think your jacket may have just sealed the deal.

And I really like the liner color and how it contrasts against the color of the leather.

A couple of quick (and probably stupid questions):

I'm sure this is FQHH, but what color exactly (brown, seal jerky, other)? Also, I love the button cuff setup. Is that standard on the 30's halfbelt or did you request it?

Cooperson

One Too Many
Don't know how I missed this original post, but just wanted to say "great jacket". Love everything about it, a true classic - enjoy!

Cheers

JanSolo

Practically Family
Wow, I totally missed that one. Great jacket with a timeless design...and it really looks good on you! It's always good to keep the 1930s design clean and minimal. Fancy pockets with A2 style flaps would spoil the look in my opinion.
The lining stuff is called Gabardine. Not designed as a liner but as a sturdy outer cloth. Aero's B10 is made out of it. It is smoother than cotton drill, very durable and shower proof due to it's unique weave pattern.
Again, cool jacket, man!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran