Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero 30s Halfbelt

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Here she is, she came in the mail this morning and I've been wearing her since.
Front:

Front Zipped:

Side Zipped:

3/4 Zipped:

Back Zipped:

And in case anyone was wondering, I'm wearing a great pair of pants that I acquired recently from someone here on the board. The particular pair I'm wairing are 18oz serge wool, no pleat army issue trousers. They're my new favs:

Wild Root

Gone Home
moonmaster52kw.jpg

Look Err, it appears that this kind young man IndianaGuybrush has aquired a very nice leather belted garment! Let us remove it from him so we may enjoy it as much if not more then he!

Err: Yeah, give to us!

Oh my friend, that is a very, VERY nice coat! So 1930's my friend! Good looker! I'm incredibly envious and if you know me, I don't come into this room very oft. That is a very fine coat!

=WR=

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Wow! IGB, wow! I am truly knocked speechless by how outstanding that jacket looks. It looks as if it was tailored for you. The leather is lustrous. Is it horse? The styling is 100% pure vintage. I am truly impressed.

Well done, young man.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Root, replicate, reunite and annihilate!

Thanks, I'm completely in love with it as well, and it does have a VERY 30s look to it, especially the fit (I can't breathe too heavily in it:cool: )

The best part about this jacket? The price. I got it in a batch of leather that Aero found too "jerky" for their normal jackets, so they offered it at a large discount. I saved about $200 off the regular price by sacrificing a few wrinkles. Most of the wrinkles are on the sleeve anyway, which wrinkles up as you wear it. It's still a gorgeous jacket in a mid-weight horsehide, and it fits me like a jacket should, so I'm happy!

EDIT: Yup Hem, it's midweight front quarter HH in brown, a very nice leather for the spring I think (heavens knows its no good for me in the below freezing temps we've got right now in NYC!). Thanks for the compliments ;)

Baggers

Practically Family
IndianaGuybrush said:
Root, replicate, reunite and annihilate!

Thanks, I'm completely in love with it as well, and it does have a VERY 30s look to it, especially the fit (I can't breathe too heavily in it:cool: )

The best part about this jacket? The price. I got it in a batch of leather that Aero found too "jerky" for their normal jackets, so they offered it at a large discount. I saved about $200 off the regular price by sacrificing a few wrinkles. Most of the wrinkles are on the sleeve anyway, which wrinkles up as you wear it. It's still a gorgeous jacket in a mid-weight horsehide, and it fits me like a jacket should, so I'm happy!

EDIT: Yup Hem, it's midweight front quarter HH in brown, a very nice leather for the spring I think (heavens knows its no good for me in the below freezing temps we've got right now in NYC!). Thanks for the compliments ;)

Oh yes, that is one fine looking jacket. That's the same batch of hide they made my Barnstormer out of. Same color too. It's a fantastic deal, isn't it? Hemingway, you've got to get one of these!

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and it's just beginning to break in. Lots of nice grain beginning to show, and the sleeves (that must be where they try to put the jerkiest pieces -- lots of flexing of the leather while being worn, I guess) have begun showing some real character.

One caution I might give you is that the finish begins to show wear rather quickly. If you want to tone down any light scratches or rubbing on the tops of seams, just massage in a tiny bit of Pecards and they practically disappear. I've been doing it in an effort of control the rate of distressing and it helps greatly.

Wear it proudly, that jacket should last forever. Congratulations!

Cheers!

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I noticed that about te finish Baggers, but I know my Pecards well enough to know that those scratches don't stand a chance against it. In the meantime though, i like the look of the scratches, give it a bit of character. In fact, I've been 'accidentally' bumping into walls a bit more today.

Oh, I forgot to mention Baggers, seeing your Barnstormer in that hide is what finally tipped me over and decided it for me. The idea I could get a jacket I've been pining over for quite awhile at such a price was irresistable, so I gave myself a little christmas present. Thanks for posting those pictures, it made all the difference.

shamus

Suspended
Super Nice!

I only have the regular half belt. But big differences between the two!

The v-cut front, button sleeves, the western style back.

What lining did you do?

Take it easy on the holiday treats as the leather will need to more time to soften up! lol

Aero is the tops!

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
I got the cotton drill cloth as a lining, but only because the sale hide only comes with the cotton lining. This is most definitely a spring jacket, because I can't imagine wearing it in anything below 50 or so degrees. I need a pea coat or an overcoat for the winter, something I can layer under.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Beautiful cap, IGB. Make and model please... at first glance I thought it was a B! Wear. But on closer inspection I don't think so.

Man, your one skinny dude...go eat something, I mean it...right now, Mister!

Wild Root

Gone Home
If he does, he wouldn't be able to fit into that jacket.:p

Don't listen to these guys about being skinny! It's the tops! I love being thin now that I have lost what seems to be 20lbs! All my clothes fit and some are a little big on me now.

That coat looks perfect on you! Love the zipper pocket on the front! Just so, 1930's it makes my eyes hurt!

=WR=

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
BB - The cap is non other than my Hat People Apple cap : http://www.hatpeople.com/tourshop/red/hodtoot/mauve.html

I got it in the full cut, but I'm thinking about ordering another (maybe a different fabric) in an extra full cut, which they also offer. My fear with ordering one in the extra full cut was it lookign comically floppy, but after seeing Matt's caps at the QM, I think I'm ready to take a chance.

As for my skininess, two things. One, I haven't alway sbeen this skinny. I'm 6' 1" and about a year and a half ago I weighed 230 lbs. For reference:

ANyway, I decided enough was enough and went on a very strict diet and exercise regiment, and the result is what you see before you. I'm currently 175 lbs, and I don't plan on going any lower. In fact, I think at this point I'm going to take what fat I have

Add On: Bern, I'm wearing my Aldens, which works fine I think as the design hasn't changed in decades and it's based on a depression era workboot. The Aldens are currently the only period correct footwear I have, I need to get some more shoes.

jake431

Practically Family
I have a sample of their black version of this horsehide, and lemme tell you, Aero has a great leather here.

I better hurry up and place my order!

-Jake

JerseyJones

Vendor
Now that is a SWINGIN' jacket ! An excellent look for you IGB. With my frame, even 75 pounds lighter, I'd look silly, but well....I can't have it all. Where would I put it ?

Wear it in good health !

Ken

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
Thanks Mike!

Trust me, I was all smiles between the shots when I actually got to look at my jacket. Besdides, I'm always smiling, I figure I needed to work on my street thug look.

Thanks to all for the compliments, and I urge all of you considering buying an aero to do so while they still have this sale hide. Not only do you save a few hundred dollars, but it's the perfect "foot in the door" to Aero's products. If there is a jacket style you want done in the sale hide that you don't see on the website, just send them an email requesting it. Amanda at Aero was incredibly helpful with all my questions, and played no small part in getting me what I consider to be my favorite jacket.

If there is a jacket style you want done in the sale hide that you don't see on the website, just send them an email requesting it. Amanda at Aero was incredibly helpful with all my questions, and played no small part in getting me what I consider to be my favorite jacket.

I've taken your advice and just ordered a Trail Rider, a 1930's-style motorcycle jacket in their brown jerky horsehide.

According to Amanda, tomorrow's their last day before the Christmas break; and they will not reopen until January 5. Therefore, I expect to get the jacket in about a month.

TrailRider(c).JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic