Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 'Unknown Maker' 1756 contract

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
That is so cool I'm calling Aero this week to order a Real Deal in the same hide.

Thanks for posting!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
That is so cool I'm calling Aero this week to order a Real Deal in the same hide.

Thanks for posting!

Smithy, there are simply too many choices for A-2 's on Aero's website and might be worthwhile to pay the additional £75 upcharge for their Italian HH and a jacket that I suspect will likely have a better drape than with their standard MWHH? [huh] "In for a penny, in for a pound" as the saying goes. :D

I'm thinking more and more that I got a bargain when I bought Foster's used russet jerky MWHH Aero A-2 Bronco that is now 6-7 years old and developing great patina and fits me like a glove. Great for spring/fall seasons in N Texas and summer seasons in Norway.
43A87A14-D3E8-4CAD-92EA-5A3FAA3801C4.jpg

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Fanch I'm sold, I've already decided to splash out the extra 75 quid, it's a done deal after seeing Sloan's new A-2.

I'll be calling tomorrow and having a chinwag about sizing, plus I have a little something that I've collected which I'll be asking Aero to add to the jacket ;)

The joys of a new leather jacket on the horizon!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
What's the wait time at the moment at Aero if anyone knows? Sloan?

This thread was perfect timing as I just got the money for the sale of my old Merc back in Oz so I was looking to buy a new A-2.

Sometimes the cosmos, the planets and all that malarkey line up and work in perfect harmony ;)

AdeeC

Practically Family
What's the wait time at the moment at Aero if anyone knows? Sloan?

This thread was perfect timing as I just got the money for the sale of my old Merc back in Oz so I was looking to buy a new A-2.

Sometimes the cosmos, the planets and all that malarkey line up and work in perfect harmony ;)

I got my Aero A2 late last year in about 6 weeks.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Looks great Sloan. I've never been an A2 guy, but the last couple I have seen have aroused my curiosity. Your looks great, the leather/ knit combo is great.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers, Ben. I warn you, it's almost inevitable that anyone who spends enough time here will eventually give in to the Siren song of the A-2!
Smithy, just checked my emails. I placed the order at the start of March and I postponed the order a week or two at the start of May when it came to the front of queue, just so I could get over to the factory and look at leather samples and try on different sizes.

Last edited:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Cheers, Ben. I warn you, it's almost inevitable that anyone who spends enough time here will eventually cave in to the Siren song of the A-2!
Smithy, just checked my emails, I placed the order at the start of March, and I postponed the order a week or two at the start of May, when it came to the front of queue, just so I could get over to the factory and look at leather samples and try on different sizes.

Okey-dokey, so it's fairly smartish in terms of delivery. Good to know, I was about to do the GW thing but yours has changed my mind. The 2 year wait thing was making for a little bit of hand wringing.

Very exciting, shame it's so late otherwise I'd be on the phone to Aero right now.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cocker

Practically Family
What a nice looking A-2! The round collard is really great, so is the trim cut. The 1756 and the 38-1711 are, in my opinion, the best looking A-2.

Would love to see how those caramel knits are doing with seal HH, could be a nice contrast.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Cheers, Ben. I warn you, it's almost inevitable that anyone who spends enough time here will eventually give in to the Siren song of the A-2!
Smithy, just checked my emails, I placed the order at the start of March, and I postponed the order a week or two at the start of May, when it came to the front of queue, just so I could get over to the factory and look at leather samples and try on different sizes.

I'm starting yo think that could well be the case! I've never looked at them closely enough to see that collar type. It's very appealing. The leather/knit combo is particularly smart.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
I'm starting yo think that could well be the case! I've never looked at them closely enough to see that collar type. It's very appealing. The leather/knit combo is particularly smart.

'Leather/knit combo' is the road to hell!
Be warned my friend, endless combination is why I have 6 A-2's!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I still harbour a desire for a dark seal/rust combo and Jeff M's Monarch is incredibly cool, so there's two more down the road (I know, I know, I need help):D

Dark seal/caramel knits would make a good combo, too. I just fancied something a little less solid at the mo'.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The A-2 can be one sexy garment. Totally depends on one's demeanor.
A-2s are where it's at for a different kind of cool. :) Perhaps not as iconic as the black motorcycle jacket, but there's a good deal of rock n' roll in it! Seal with rust knits is just bad***!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats