Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 'Unknown Maker' 1756 contract

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
The A-2 can be one sexy garment. Totally depends on one's demeanor.
A-2s are where it's at for a different kind of cool. :) Perhaps not as iconic as the black motorcycle jacket, but there's a good deal of rock n' roll in it! Seal with rust knits is just bad***!!

Seal rust is my fave too....

Cocker

Practically Family
Ah guys, I'm still trying to raise the funds for my first Aero A-2, and you keep talking about your next one... You're killing me! :D

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Off topic, but while we're on the topic of the Aero sale page, I noticed that size 40 ANJ-3 has a pit-pit of only 19.5! So one would have to go up at least two sizes?? It seems like their Naval jackets run really small.

Last edited:

AdeeC

Practically Family
The best Aero value is the "Real Deal" Aero 42-15142-P for look and price IMO. The unmatched Jerkey horshide panels with varying grain look very authentic and comparable to my original A2. Heaps of character compared to some more perfect looking jackets that can be bland in that respect. Does Aero make the Real Deal in other contract patterns?

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Off topic, but while we're on the topic of the Aero sale page, I noticed that size 40 ANJ-3 has a pit-pit of only 19.5! So one would have to go up at least two sizes?? It seems like their Naval jackets run really small.

Nick, the USN jackets and ANJ-3 all have a bu-swing elasticated back that expands. I don't think you have to go up any size. Just mail Aero your measurements and go with thier recommendation.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
The best Aero value is the "Real Deal" Aero 42-15142-P for look and price IMO. The unmatched Jerkey horshide panels with varying grain look very authentic and comparable to my original A2. Heaps of character compared to some more perfect looking jackets that can be bland in that respect. Does Aero make the Real Deal in other contract patterns?

+1

My first A-2 was a 42 real deal, and it's my favorite Aero. So much grain and patina after wearing it for a while. It looks like its a real vintage A-2 that's 75 years old.
Excellent value.

Cocker

Practically Family
Have a look at Aero's sale pages. They have a few A-2s, some of the final year trainee ones, for a fair price.

Two words: ape's arms! :-D

I'm not sure I'd be able to score a sales jacket with the 27.5 inches sleeves I need. No problem, I'm patient, and already in touch with Holly to see what can/cannot be done.

I love the finish of the "real deal" too, but I'm looking for an early war/trim fit A2. 38-1711 is the way to go, me think!

Big J

Call Me a Cab

I'm not sure I'd be able to score a sales jacket with the 27.5 inches sleeves I need. No problem, I'm patient, and already in touch with Holly to see what can/cannot be done.

I love the finish of the "real deal" too, but I'm looking for an early war/trim fit A2. 38-1711 is the way to go, me think!

Whatever you choose, you won't be disappointed, but you will be addicted!

Cocker

Practically Family
Pike Brothers B-15A, anyone??

Been really interested in this one too, for winter time. Price is ok, and the jacket looks pretty fine!

Royalcrown32

One of the Regulars

I can vouch for Aero too. I've got two A2's. A "Real Deal" and a "Bronco". And I'm 6' 5" (1.95 meter) and have monkey arms too. The sleeve length of both my jackets is spot on but they can do with a little more body length. But that will ruin the appearence of an A2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925