Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero A-2 'Unknown Maker' 1756 contract

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
A Dubow of some flavour, though my eye wanders towards the Monarch occasionally, and Joel also raised the idea of a Doniger. I'm looking for a trim fitting one with some interesting details. The Rough Wear has intrigued me as well, but they seem a little looser around the torso than I'd like.

Cocker

Practically Family
A Dubow of some flavour, though my eye wanders towards the Monarch occasionally, and Joel also raised the idea of a Doniger. I'm looking for a trim fitting one with some interesting details. The Rough Wear has intrigued me as well, but they seem a little looser around the torso than I'd like.

The Werber contracts also look quite trim. Dang, way too much options...

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Will do! Again, the Werber's a nice contract. Am I wrong in thinking that it's similar to the 1576? There's the ongoing dispute over who produced it - some think Perry, others a one-off.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Pretty sure its been concluded to have been Perry contract... Quite a stylish jacket!
I am also pretty sure thats what Garfunkel wore in Catch 22.
Catch_22 a.jpg

Catch_22 b.jpg

Catch_2220130908_0038.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Great pics. I'm guessing they're originals being worn there. The thing I don't get about the Perry-1756 connection is why did Perry leave their name off the contract? Surely it was a great advert for their brand to have the patriotic prestige of being a government supplier?

Cocker

Practically Family
Will do! Again, the Werber's a nice contract. Am I wrong in thinking that it's similar to the 1576? There's the ongoing dispute over who produced it - some think Perry, others a one-off.

Hmmm, to be honnest, I don't see too much similarities between the 1756 and the Werber 1939. Maybe the general shape? Appart from that, the long thin epaulets of the Werber, with the somewhat smaller stitch boxes, the beautifully scaloped poket flaps, the pointy collars... Anyway, for the untrained eyes, whatever the contract, it will only be a generic leather bomber jacket. And for the mildly educated, an A-2, that's it.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Honestly, I've not done much of a comparison, but I recall a conversation here about similar contracts - I may be mixing up the Perry/Werber comparisons.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
And the room! Bad boy Craig! There was a David Bowie show on tv last night. Whole time kept thinking of your avatar. I spend too much time on here. Ace jacket!
You're absolutely right! My only excuse is that I have a bad cold and it's slowing me down. Was that the Last Five Years documentary that you were watching? A lot of great footage.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
You're absolutely right! My only excuse is that I have a bad cold and it's slowing me down. Was that the Last Five Years documentary that you were watching? A lot of great footage.

"Ziggy and the Spiders from Mars" and "Celebration Day"- the Zep reuinion which was quite magical!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
The Ziggy concert is fantastic. True story: the spiders from Mars had half of their kit nicked the night before the last gig by Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols. He backed his van up to their tour truck which was unlocked, and threw as much as he could into it and drove off. Jones was such a little tea leaf, he took Bob Marley and the Wailer's kit from the same venue, and even ended up with one of the New York Doll's lovely white Gibson guitars through nefarious means!

Mikeyrens

New in Town
A quick selfie (Fifth shot, bloody awkward angle):

View attachment 29924
Hi @Sloan1874 ,
I see on aero website soms A2's with 'offset collar' what does that mean??
By the way,an amazingly nice jacket you've got there,superb.
I'm also ordering 1 by aero,choosing between the 29191(bronco) or 1756 like you have(had)
I've heard that you must size up with both of these contract no..my chest is 100cm with a shirt on,so probably I must order size 42 instead of a 40 that I normally wear.
I like the knits on your jacket as well,I think in real life it's more golden ish than appear on the foto.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Offset collar, if I can remember back that far, means that it's slightly skewed. It means that when you zip the jacket up and clip it into place, it sits better than if it's just a normal shirt-style collar. I'm afraid I sold it on years ago - possibly to fund another Aero, though it was also a bit shorter than I really wanted.
Hi @Sloan1874 ,
I see on aero website soms A2's with 'offset collar' what does that mean??
By the way,an amazingly nice jacket you've got there,superb.
I'm also ordering 1 by aero,choosing between the 29191(bronco) or 1756 like you have(had)
I've heard that you must size up with both of these contract no..my chest is 100cm with a shirt on,so probably I must order size 42 instead of a 40 that I normally wear.
I like the knits on your jacket as well,I think in real life it's more golden ish than appear on the foto.

Mikeyrens

New in Town
Offset collar, if I can remember back that far, means that it's slightly skewed. It means that when you zip the jacket up and clip it into place, it sits better than if it's just a normal shirt-style collar. I'm afraid I sold it on years ago - possibly to fund another Aero, though it was also a bit shorter than I really wanted.
Thanks for your feedback, now I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner