Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero D-1 V's B-6, opinions please.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Hello all,

I'm planning ahead. I need a jacket for the months when the A-2s aren't warm enough, but the B-3 is just too warm.
Looking at the B-6 and the D-1 (only from Aero since they have given me great service in the past, and since they have had recent trouble, I want to help them by giving them my business).

Does anyone have any practical advice about the comparative fits of these two jackets, or maybe some opinions on living with either of these?

Thanks in advance:)

Otter

One Too Many
Hello all,

I'm planning ahead. I need a jacket for the months when the A-2s aren't warm enough, but the B-3 is just too warm.
Looking at the B-6 and the D-1 (only from Aero since they have given me great service in the past, and since they have had recent trouble, I want to help them by giving them my business).

Does anyone have any practical advice about the comparative fits of these two jackets, or maybe some opinions on living with either of these?

Thanks in advance:)

They are quite similar jackets really. Both the same weight of shearling, it just comes down to which particular style you like and if you want a hem you can cinch in. I have an Aero Redskin D1 and it has a beautiful patina after a few years of wear. Don't write off the Eastman offerings, I have had two of their jackets and had no complaints. Happy hunting. Edit: the pocket zips can be a bit raspy on your wrist.

Alistar79

Familiar Face
I love my aero D-1.
The shearling is just right for Uk winters but unfortunately due to a mild winter here i only got to wear it three times!!!
Otter's right about them zips they can really take the skin off your knuckles.:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot