Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero labels

Bullitt

New in Town
Unfortunately Photobucket doesn't work anymore. I am uploading my Aero label photos again, using a different service.

67yXo06.jpg

vxtSC5r.jpg

EIfaFTG.jpg

NoYMolY.jpg

aSqcrIy.jpg

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Sloan1874 , what's the script ?

I'm an ex-Scotsman , been in Australia 22 years. used to have a flat in Cecil Street in Hillhead 1983 to 1985. My first "bought hoose" haha..

Should have kept it in hindsight , sold it for 26K pounds in 1985 after I got "loved up wi' a burd" as you do...

On the Aero subject , I did have an older Highwayman , since sold on to a Finnish dude resident in Melbourne ( a looong way from me in Perth WA !)

Apologies to all for the cultural thread hijack haha..

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Sloan1874 , what's the script ?

I'm an ex-Scotsman , been in Australia 22 years. used to have a flat in Cecil Street in Hillhead 1983 to 1985. My first "bought hoose" haha..

Should have kept it in hindsight , sold it for 26K pounds in 1985 after I got "loved up wi' a burd" as you do...

On the Aero subject , I did have an older Highwayman , since sold on to a Finnish dude resident in Melbourne ( a looong way from me in Perth WA !)

Apologies to all for the cultural thread hijack haha..

Blimey, a one bedroom flat in Cecil Street will set you back around £125K nowadays! It's really student bedsit land I'm over in the South Side, near the Vicky Infirmary - my other half has a place not far from where you lived, though. West End is really off the map house price-wise, I'm afraid!
Would love to see a pic of that old Highwayman if you've got any! Always interested in seeing the older stuff.

Downunder G Man

One Too Many
Blimey, a one bedroom flat in Cecil Street will set you back around £125K nowadays! It's really student bedsit land I'm over in the South Side, near the Vicky Infirmary - my other half has a place not far from where you lived, though. West End is really off the map house price-wise, I'm afraid!
Would love to see a pic of that old Highwayman if you've got any! Always interested in seeing the older stuff.

Actually it was a five apartment ! I was "back" May last year visiting my old maw ( now retired to Inverkip marina ) and I went by train from there to the West End to meet an old mate for a nostalgic pint , I was deliberately well early in the arvo so I could have a walk down memory lane and all that. Walked up Cecil street from Great Western and spoke to the "old" lady in the ground floor flat with the front garden. She told me 2 up left was now owned by a landlord , a "Mr Mohammed" and indeed it was now 5 bedsits....

My jacket of choice for that trip ( I could only take/wear/carry one !) was my recent Eastman Fliegerjacke , and I needed it despite the month of May !

breezer

Practically Family
Choosing your label? To quote Groucho Marx, 'I'm against it'. Be happy with whatever label the factory designates appropriate to your jacket. Sometimes this forum takes things too far......

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Choosing your label? To quote Groucho Marx, 'I'm against it'. Be happy with whatever label the factory designates appropriate to your jacket. Sometimes this forum takes things too far......

It certainly does. The internet gives folks just too many choices which is why there are so many topics such as 'Need help choosing.....' etc.
To be honest I once chose a label for a very special jacket, but time and not wishing to bore everybody to death prevent me from discussing my reasons.
Saying that though, if something as simple as a label reminds people of good times, why not :)

breezer

Practically Family
what happens if you're in the factory

well I suppose if you are there in person it would be rude not to at least have a quick look at some labels.

I think the label adds that tiny little bit of personalization that, in all likelyhood, only you will see and appreciate. It's the final, nail in the coffin, on a custom build. I've never chosen one before but have on my latest order. I think it fits the jacket to a T.
And I like it.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had no idea that Aero had so many different labels when I ordered my two jackets. Now that I know I would definitely give them a once over and ask for the one I thought would go best with my custom build. Just one more detail that makes it your own, as Ton said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran