Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather' A2 or Bill Kelso's?

zhz

Practically Family
Hi, Guys, its me again...
I am in difficult to choose between Aero leather' Bronco W535AC29191 Type A-2 and BK's house A2.
I've been told that hte BK's house A2 is an accurate repro, and the shape is very good.
Someone says Aero's repro is not as accurate as BK, even compare to the house version. And the leather they used on A2 is not very good, is this true?

So my question is, in your option, which one has better shape and more accurate? I think the quality should be similar between these two brands.

Thanks.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Opinions are likely to be strongly divided on this one, but I'd opt for BK as the weight of leather and the pattern are more in line with the vintage A-2 jacket.

zhz

Practically Family
Opinions are likely to be strongly divided on this one, but I'd opt for BK as the weight of leather and the pattern are more in line with the vintage A-2 jacket.

Thanks for you option, when you say weight of leather and pattern, do you mean the BK's house A2 or their high end repro?

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
The Bronco from Aero is a quality jacket to be sure. However the pattern of the pocket is too small and looks funny. I don't know why they don't change it. It would improve the jackets looks tremendously. Compare it to a Goodwear and you can see it for yourself.

fedoralover

Aero.

Goodwear Bronco.

zhz

Practically Family
The Bronco from Aero is a quality jacket to be sure. However the pattern of the pocket is too small and looks funny. I don't know why they don't change it. It would improve the jackets looks tremendously. Compare it to a Goodwear and you can see it for yourself.

fedoralover

Aero.

Goodwear Bronco.

yes,i noticed that funny pocket when i looked their website,i think i will go for bk

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
My Aero A-2 Bronco in russet MWHH is one of my favorites to pull out of the closet when the weather is not too chilly. I don't notice the pockets as being too small. I have never even seen a BK; so would be unable to compare the two. This is a size 44 with 27" back and 27" sleeves. Normally I wear a 42L in Aero's utility jackets. However, I could probably size up to a 46 with the Aero A-2 Bronco, at least based on what I have here.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Interesting because the pic I posted I copied off of Aero's website just today. Go figure. Well if they changed it then that's great, but they really should update their pics to show it as it is now. I have held one in my hands and it's pocket was just like the pic.

fedoralover

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I bought my A-2 Aero Bronco last year from another FL member, and I think it is about five years old. I can say that it has held up well and shows very little evidence of wear other than the HH breaking in nicely. I used to own an earlier A-2 Aero Bronco in russet goatskin that was sized too big for me that did have the smaller pockets though. Maybe one of the Aero staff will see this thread and comment about the Bronco pockets.

zhz

Practically Family
Interesting because the pic I posted I copied off of Aero's website just today. Go figure. Well if they changed it then that's great, but they really should update their pics to show it as it is now. I have held one in my hands and it's pocket was just like the pic.

fedoralover

Do you know when did the jacket you hold been made?

zhz

Practically Family

Edward

Bartender
I gathered somewhere along thel inesthat Ken was in the process of reworking all the Aero A2 patterns for greater accuracy sinceh e got more involved in the business again c2012, but I couldn't tell you what patterns have been affected or when this was done or whatchanges have yet to be made. Holly would know, if she's around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff