Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Jacket Owners in SF Bay?

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
Hi everyone. I'm ready to put in my order for a custom Aero jacket, and I'm wondering if there are any Aero owners in the SF Bay Area who would be willing to show me their jackets in person so I can make an informed decision. I know that Thurston Bros send you a fit jacket, but I just want to see a real live Aero jacket before deciding on the style and type of leather. If anyone would be willing to meet me at a cafe or restaurant and show me their Aero jackets, it would be so helpful for me, and I would treat them to coffee/meal. Thanks so much.

technovox

One Too Many
Hi everyone. I'm ready to put in my order for a custom Aero jacket, and I'm wondering if there are any Aero owners in the SF Bay Area who would be willing to show me their jackets in person so I can make an informed decision. I know that Thurston Bros send you a fit jacket, but I just want to see a real live Aero jacket before deciding on the style and type of leather. If anyone would be willing to meet me at a cafe or restaurant and show me their Aero jackets, it would be so helpful for me, and I would treat them to coffee/meal. Thanks so much.

Sure. I'm in San Francisco and glad to help out.
PM me when you get a chance and we can arrange a meet-up.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Victor, also keep in mind you're only a few miles down the coast from Seattle and might consider making the trip to Thurston/Insurrection.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm in Oakland and often work in SF. Be glad to show you my Aero Hercules in black HH.
That said, I'd recommend ordering from Johnson instead. There is nothing Aero does that Johnson
can't do at least as well with a wider variety of leathers to choose from, faster, less expensive,
and a better guarantee of fit, if you live here in the SF Bay Area.
My opinion.

technovox

One Too Many
I'm in Oakland and often work in SF. Be glad to show you my Aero Hercules in black HH.
That said, I'd recommend ordering from Johnson instead. There is nothing Aero does that Johnson
can't do at least as well with a wider variety of leathers to choose from, faster, less expensive,
and a better guarantee of fit, if you live here in the SF Bay Area.
My opinion.

Here's a thought- maybe all three of us could meet up in SF and compare notes. Might be fun!
I'd love to see your Aero Hercules. And I'll bring my Aero Vicenza Dustbowl and a few examples of Johnson leathers.

Last edited:

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
With weather still well into the 80s, I'm not so inclined to lug multiple heavy leather jackets on BART to SF for a work day...
I could do it tonight or tomorrow afternoon in SF or the East Bay. I can meet with one jacket next Wednesday after 5.
Next weekend is out and the week of 9/14 will be insane due to a company conference (apologies to SF residents
for the coming disruptions due to the conference).

technovox

One Too Many
With weather still well into the 80s, I'm not so inclined to lug multiple heavy leather jackets on BART to SF for a work day...
I could do it tonight or tomorrow afternoon in SF or the East Bay. I can meet with one jacket next Wednesday after 5.
Next weekend is out and the week of 9/14 will be insane due to a company conference (apologies to SF residents
for the coming disruptions due to the conference).

I'm at out town for the Labor Day week end until tomorrow eve.
And wednesday is predicted to be hot...looks like someone turned off our summer fog air conditioner for a while.
Should we wait until it cools down a bit?

technovox

One Too Many
Seems like VictorShadow wants to order soon... but I'd prefer to wait.
Either way, it would be fun to get together... if not soon, then maybe down the line when the weather cools off.
Maybe there's a couple of other Bay Area Aero owners interested in meeting up as well?

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
I'd never heard of Johnson Leathers before, but through this forum I've heard nothing but excellent things about them. And since they are a 20 minute drive from my home, it can't be beat. And the price seems very reasonable.

VictorShadow

One of the Regulars
Hey Feltfan, thanks for meeting up with me and showing me your jackets.

And to everyone else, if you need a late night Johnson, you know who to PM: feltfan.

I can vouch for him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner