Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Sheene Russet Vincenza

pawineguy

One Too Many
Antique brass hardware with corduroy lining on jacket bottom. Leather is supple compared to new FQHH, but still fairly weighty. There is some color variation and character marks in the leather, but the real feature is the deep graining, which is especially noted in the front of the jacket.

IMG_4170.JPG
IMG_4190.JPG
IMG_4210.JPG
IMG_4248.jpg
IMG_4249.jpg
IMG_4255 2.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Nice. That new hide is lovely - saw some of it at the factory in July. The Sheene strikes me as a clever design idea, given the number of folks over the years who have wanted a jacket much more fitted than the Highwayman, but with the same utilitarian style.

schitzo

Suspended
this russet is a very different shade to the BK russet Liberty HH. Theirs looks like tan whereas this appears brown. Nice jacket all the same.

I have enlarged the photos, but am left wondering whether if in the flesh there are any red or orange hues visible. Are there?

pawineguy

One Too Many
this russet is a very different shade to the BK russet Liberty HH. Theirs looks like tan whereas this appears brown. Nice jacket all the same.

I have enlarged the photos, but am left wondering whether if in the flesh there are any red or orange hues visible. Are there?

I do see some orange at times, but not really red. Because of the light to medium brown colors, it does tend to really vary depending upon the lighting situation.

schitzo

Suspended
I do see some orange at times, but not really red. Because of the light to medium brown colors, it does tend to really vary depending upon the lighting situation.

So would you surmise that russet is a fair description or might brown be more accurate?

pawineguy

One Too Many
So would you surmise that russet is a fair description or might brown be more accurate?

Great question... I actually just looked up the definition of Russet, as that color in jackets seem to be all over the place. The definition I found called it a dark brown with reddish and orange tones. When you look at it right next to the brown FQHH, you can see the orange tones. On its own, I think most would call it just brown if they didn't know any better.

Edward

Bartender
How brown is brown? I suspect "russet" will vary as much as regular "brown". Wonder if difference in hide affects how a shade takes?

pawineguy

One Too Many
How brown is brown? I suspect "russet" will vary as much as regular "brown". Wonder if difference in hide affects how a shade takes?

Good point Edward... full sunlight shot with Russet on top of the brown FQHH, to either clarify or further confuse the situation. In terms of hides and their color, I always assumed that there had to be some variation due to the natural aspect of the product, and each hide's ability to absorb color. Have never really seen it laid out, however, as in 5 to 10 hides laid out to compare.

IMG_4257.jpg

Also a fantastic jacket. I'm just happy to see you've nailed the fit and size without any hustle.

And yep, congrats and buy as many as you like, man. I would if I could.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Fantastic! Looks amazing. The russet Vicenza would be my choice...
I may have missed this, but could you provide you height and weight and jacket sizing, please? Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy