Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero sleeve length opinions

The Bunk

New in Town
Hi All,

I've had my long half belt for going on 7 years now, and while it's a great jacket the sleeves have always felt a tad long. At this point I assume they're as creased and shortened as they're going to get so I've been considering getting them altered, but I'm starting to get cold feet and don't want to 'overdo it'. Any tips on getting this right? I'm planning to send the jacket to Johnson Leathers so I took some photos last night and thought I'd get some second, third, fourth opinions before I send it off.

Original length:
zhd9bVt.jpg

Approximately 3/4" shorter:
HRPjZOi.jpg

So which one would you be happier with? Or does the answer lie somewhere in the middle?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I agree they are a bit long, 3/4" off seems good, at least in that pose. The question is whether they are still long enough now if you reach out for something.. if you feel that way, you're good to go. Also show Alan the pics, he'll know what to do.

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Hi All,

I've had my long half belt for going on 7 years now, and while it's a great jacket the sleeves have always felt a tad long. At this point I assume they're as creased and shortened as they're going to get so I've been considering getting them altered, but I'm starting to get cold feet and don't want to 'overdo it'. Any tips on getting this right? I'm planning to send the jacket to Johnson Leathers so I took some photos last night and thought I'd get some second, third, fourth opinions before I send it off.

Original length:
zhd9bVt.jpg

Approximately 3/4" shorter:
HRPjZOi.jpg

So which one would you be happier with? Or does the answer lie somewhere in the middle?
Yes, they look too long and need to. E shortened. But also take into account whether you sometimes wear the jacket with a thicker sweater or fleece, as this will cause the sleeves to pull up a bit.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Only you can tell.
I see a lot of fit pics similar to both and people happy with both.
Personally i think picture 1 is far too long and looks wrong. Picture 2 is how i would want mine to fit.

The Bunk

New in Town
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm looking forward to getting this taken care of and wearing it for many years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran