Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Steerhide

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
I ordered an aero Sheene fit jacket and am particularly interested in brown steerhide or brown FQHH. I have read several posts on steerhide stiffness. I would like comments from steerhide owner that have had their jacket for more than one year.

I have both and actually the Steer hide is less stiff. I’ve always been FQHH fan and alway chose it first. I then had a Steer-hide biker and wow...it is superb , weighs 2 tons but will last forever.
I’m a convert now and would highly recommend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dogs bollocks

Familiar Face
My Aero Steerhide jacket is going on three years old, I've actually started preferring the steer hide over my other FQHH Aero's. The steer hide has a beautiful grain and once broken in is incredible, it's heavier and does take longer to break it though.

I’m with you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I have both Steer and FQHH, similar weights. The Steer is great once it's warmed up and then is quite a bit more flexible than at first. I should add however that leaving a 3.5 oz Steerhide jacket in your car on a very cold day it will wind up feeling like a piece of frozen cardboard. You really do not want to do this.

However the FQHH once broken in is very comfortable to wear. The "smell" is a bit different on each, slight preference there goes to Steer. I like 3.0 Oz + weight jackets, and I prefer the American sourced Horween hides, these are just my preferences. It does seem the grain and break-in-ability of the Steerhide is a notch above the FQHH, but both are very nice.

born113

One of the Regulars
Has anyone received the new Steerhide 4oz Aero jackets in the last couple of years?
Show a photos please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails