Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Thunder Bay Sheepskin

xmr

One of the Regulars
Hi,

I'd like to get a nice warm jacket for the winter. I haven't decided yet what to get, there are a lot of pics of the B3, Irvin, ANJ4 etc to make up my mind but I'd like to get an impression of Aero's Thunder bay as well. Has anyone bought it and could provide pictures?

Cheers!

wdw

One Too Many
I tried the Thunder Bay on and liked it a lot. It struck me as a more usable and subtle sheepskin than the usual military suspects, with something of a motorcycle cop vibe.

If I was buying any sheepskin it would be that, but then I'm not too fussed about military styles.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I thought it was fantastic, like a leather covered Irvin. You'd never feel the cold that's for sure. I'd go for it in cordovan with a rust collar.

xmr

One of the Regulars
That'd be indeed a nice colorway. Too bad Holly told me it's still 6 months waiting time. I'm still deciding (haven't seen the mouton samples personally yet) so it's almost too late for winter 2013 :-/

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
That'd be indeed a nice colorway. Too bad Holly told me it's still 6 months waiting time. I'm still deciding (haven't seen the mouton samples personally yet) so it's almost too late for winter 2013 :-/
Well, then take it for 2014. You'll be sure your order is on time...

Edward

Bartender
I have my eye on one of these, in black, most likely with a rust collar... though also considering black for that.

I can see the Irvin comparison, though it put me rather more in mind of a B2.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I can see the Irvin comparison, though it put me rather more in mind of a B2.

That was exactly what I was thinking Edward. This is my favourite of the new Aeros, I think it looks magnificent and I'd love one, although I don't think it would get the wear it deserves down this neck of the woods. But I'll order one without batting an eyelid when we move back to Norway.

Black with rust collar is what I'm thinking as well.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
The good thing, though, is that its not unwieldy to wear.

That's a big plus Sloan and good to hear. But I'm going to have to whittle down my "want list" both for the benefit of my wallet but also in the interests of maintaining domestic bliss ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yes, it's very hard to just slip those things into your wardrobe. I tend to just keep hitting very varied styles and colours, so I can fall back on the 'but it's nothing like my A-2, Dustbowl, LHB or, er, the Irvin I'm waiting for! It's a completely different jacket!' defence...:D

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Yes, it's very hard to just slip those things into your wardrobe. I tend to just keep hitting very varied styles and colours, so I can fall back on the 'but it's nothing like my A-2, Dustbowl, LHB or, er, the Irvin I'm waiting for! It's a completely different jacket!' defence...:D

Now trying to explain away an Irvin that you slipped through the door would be worth seeing, "Oh this old thing dear? I've had it for ages, got it for a song at the local Salvation Army shop, gosh, must be a year or two back now, you know when you were staying at your mother's..."!

Just not worth it ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot