Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Campdraft

Duper

Practically Family
BGCD Gets Overhauled

There was nothing wrong with the original, I just wanted to make some changes to better suit my personal and the regional style.

I posted before that I evened and cut the brim down to 2 3/8+. It varied by almost a quarter inch, though it was not noticeable with a casual look.

The biggest change is the ribbon; 1.5" navy blue. The bow is a shark gill version that I saw posted on TFL. I was disappointed that it turned out a little sloppy, but now I'm getting to like it as it seems to casualize the hat. I might still fix or replace it if my OCD kicks in.

I also omitted the wind trolley, but I noticed that it was very well secured in my hat. The sewing went through the plastic inner edge of the hat band for added strength.

BTW, the glued-in liner was easy to remove. The glue cleanly separating from the liner instead of pulling up the felt.

View attachment 40123 View attachment 40124 View attachment 40125
Great job! Hand stitching! You made it your own.

BGCD Gets Overhauled

There was nothing wrong with the original, I just wanted to make some changes to better suit my personal and the regional style...
Looks good to me, and you've definitely made it yours.

Your photos and the one posted by Fed in post #3795 make me really want to change the ribbon on my Taupe Fawn Campdraft to one that's wider and in a contrasting color.

stratcat

One of the Regulars
Looks good to me, and you've definitely made it yours.

Your photos and the one posted by Fed in post #3795 make me really want to change the ribbon on my Taupe Fawn Campdraft to one that's wider and in a contrasting color.
Do it!
It's not so difficult, the toughest bit is being brave enough to start.

Do it!
It's not so difficult, the toughest bit is being brave enough to start.
Yeeaahhh...no. I should have written that those photos made me want to have the ribbon changed on my Taupe Fawn CD. I'm trying to find a way to like the hat more, not less, and I don't think a botched ribbon job would achieve that goal. ;)

...Maybe I should have just bought a Stylemaster?
You still can. Then you'd have at least two nice hats. :D

konadog

Practically Family
heritage campdraft in silverbelly
LBM Akubra.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland