Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Riverina safari-ized

Edward

Bartender
There's probably one of the Aussie hat styles at Hats Direct that would be similar, though, and could be adapted in the same way. It was just a matter of removing the original band, adding the pugaree, and a little reshaping of the dents. I was a bit daunted at first, myself, but it was actually really easy. Major kudos to Mike for bringing this to the Lounge.

WH1

Practically Family
David Morgan has the Akubra Territory in Fawn for $115.00, they are "rejects" means they have some small holes in the liner. With shipping $124.00. I am planning on putting a pug on the one I ordered. This looks similar to the hat that Kilmer wore in "Ghost and the Darkness". I believe it will go nicely with my Whitworth .375 H&H. Now if I can only find a Cape Buffalo or 2 in the back pasture!

Oldsarge

One Too Many
This has been most interesting and informative. My usual safari wears a zebra skin but I just 'safarized' a IJ. I think a Lawrance puggaree is in order . . . In fact, I may just get two of them for when I buy a better safari hat!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Looks very nice.

MikeFriends.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21