Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Stylemaster in Acorn Fawn

Barry

Practically Family
This came today. The felt was much softer than the Akuba Fed I recieved but it's still a bit stiff. I used the foam adjusters for a tighter fit.

I like this hat.

Color: Acorn
Brim: 2.5 (maybe 2 3/8)
Crown: About 4 3/4

stylemasterb.jpg

moustache

Practically Family
Very nice!!

I love the colour. I have been looking for a Borsa in that same colour.But admit that the Akubra looks divine!!

JD

Spellflower

Practically Family
Ooh, nice! I too love the color. I tried on a Style Master when I was down under, but I don't remember it looking as good on me as yours does on you. I also remember it being darker. Too bad the Fedora doesn't come in Acorn Fawn. Actually it's not too bad. If it did, I'd have to find another $111 to get myself one.

BTW, Akubras tend to shrink down after about a week of steady use, so it's a good thing you got yours a little big. You'll probably be able to reduce the foam soon, and then it will fit perfectly. At least that's been my experience with my Federation and Fedora.

Razzman

One Too Many
A sharp looking lid. :eusa_clap The Akubra line has some fine looking hats. Christmas will be here soon. I'm starting my wish list a bit early.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Hi Barry,

I have an old Stylemaster that I love LOVE LOOOVE. The acorn looks quite a bit darker than I expected. Where did you get it and is there any indication in the hat or wherever it was listed that the felt is "featherweight"?

Cheers.

Barry

Practically Family
Thank you all for the nice comments.

Jake,

I didn't notice the word featherweight on the hat.

I took another photo outdoors. It's overcast today and raining (I just was out this AM for a bit) but it does look a little bit lighter. I think the outdoor photo is much more accurate. I have bad lighting inside my condo.

Barry

Barry

Practically Family
Old Fogey UK said:
This hat looks neat but does it have a tapered crown ?

It has a tapered crown but it's not as extreme as some of the other Akubra hats. Here is a picture of the Stylemaster next to my Midnight Blue fedora (by Art Fawcett).

stylemastervs.jpg

Barry

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the club, Barry

My first ever hat was Stylemaster, it's black and it still looks brand new after
eleven years of constant wear. I was lucky enough to find my acorn brown Stylemaster on sale at a department store seven years ago for - unbelievable but true - $56. That's $56 Australian friends, for a brand new fedora. I was wearing it last night!

It looks great on you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael