Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Anti-Aging" Treatments?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I'm only 26, but I am getting horrendous frown lines already. It's unfortunate because when I frown I get a really deep furrow, and I frown a lot when concentrating. They never completely go away, and by the end of the day they are so obvious. Would one of those fancy creams like the Boots no7 Protect and Perfect help me do you think, or do I just need to start saving up for Botox? lol

kerry

One of the Regulars
The Protect and Perfect hasnt reduced any lines on me so far but it has brightened my skin.
I've wondered about Botox too and am seriously thinking of a mini lift a few years down the line as its the bottom half of my face that worries me.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I do think that good skin is mostly down to genes and your lifestyle. I'm not thoroughly convinced that using lotions and potions even help but of course you need to look after your skin - clean, tone and moisturise are very important. I'm glad I don't smoke (several months when I was 16 doesn't count!) as this really ages you and women tend to have those tell tale lines above their mouth which makes it look like a cats bum lol My grandma (she is 84 but doesn't really have many wrinkles and a lot of people don't believe her age) and mum (mid 50s and no wrinkles) have amazing skin and I truly hope I take after them as I age.

I do however have fine lines appearing under my eyes which I'm really conscious about and have tried a few wrinkle eye creams to reduce them. I'm not sure if it's because I use concealer and am therefore dragging my skin too much? I use Clinique all about eyes in the evening and in the morning I use a Garnier one in a green tube (completely forgotten the name). I can't say I've seen any noticable difference.

olive bleu

One Too Many
What about other aging issues, such as freckles, sun spots and uneven texture? Has anyone used any skin brightening products? I am 41, and really don't have much in the way of wrinkles, but i would like to even out my skin tone.Is this a losing battle? or has anyone tried something that actually works?

Josephine

One Too Many
olive bleu said:
What about other aging issues, such as freckles, sun spots and uneven texture? Has anyone used any skin brightening products?

I use, when I remember to, a pigment gel by Physicians Choice of Arizona. I'm happy with it. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo