Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Appropriate Dress to Wear As Wedding Guest. Black? Red?

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
Keep in mind that a lot of stuff that you would normally dry clean is also hand washable.

True, though I believe I have learned (from here, and correct me if I'm wrong) but vintage rayon is not washable? That's what I mainly seem to see (and pass up) for sale. I tend to wash everything anyway, cashmere, silk, not wool fabrics though. Modern rayon is different though isn't it, which is why WT dresses could be washable.

Thanks MBH for finding the WT thread!

texasgirl

One Too Many
I know you mentioned wanting some dressy wedges. I got a new Naturalizer catalog in the mail yesterday, and I saw these and thought they might work? Their shoes are usually super comfy?!?!

http://www.naturalizer.com/shop_onl...=dress&PID=ninah&variant_id=758P07&Size=%%%-%

va758P07.jpg

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks! I'm going to wait until I get the dress to buy shoes, but I have no worries about which shoes to buy. I probably have something in my closet already!

ShortClara

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Seriously. I'm more concerned about the fact that they felt the need to tell people they shouldn't wear JEANS TO A WEDDING!!!! I blame Los Angeles.

As an Angelino, you are correct to blame this city. But I'm a transplant who eschews Uggs and Fake Tans (i.e the Oompa Loompa look), so I take no personal responsibility.

Sunland Sare

New in Town
all vintaged up for a wedding

my best friend recently got hitched, so me and my partner attened in our best attire...

this is me and my best bud, chilton (the groom)
wedding031gx5.jpg

me and the bride, ashleigh
wedding032yh8.jpg

my pal amy, me, and andrea
wedding001xx4.jpg

me and my geezer (please ignore my hair, i had been dancing...)
wedding045ro2.jpg

me a little tipsy......
wedding015np0.jpg

a close up of my moon manicure
wedding049ye0.jpg

Sunland Sare

New in Town
aww thanks girls

the nails are fairly rounded off on the corners, so i havent had any slicing myself mishaps, but once i was playng waterpolo and i got a nail taken off!!!! a whole nail!! painful is putting it mildly!

very pretty nails, but they make setting your hair a nightmare hehehe

it was such a windy day as well, so the hair was a wee bit dishevelled

Real Swell Gal

One of the Regulars
Sunland Sare said:
aww thanks girls

the nails are fairly rounded off on the corners, so i havent had any slicing myself mishaps, but once i was playng waterpolo and i got a nail taken off!!!! a whole nail!! painful is putting it mildly!

very pretty nails, but they make setting your hair a nightmare hehehe

it was such a windy day as well, so the hair was a wee bit dishevelled
I can relate to that. I always loved the look of Solar Nails but with my job I'm not allowed to have long nails acrylic or otherwise.
You're dress was very pretty.

Sunland Sare

New in Town
Lola Valentine said:
I actually meant to say this as well, which lipstick is it?

its gorgeous, isn't it? Christian Dior Addict - 764 Solstice Violet.

its really moisturising as well and scented with tea rose leaves - fab! although it's super hard to track one down, so when i do, i stock up!! i have 3 in my makeup bag right now
27684821.jpg

with Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner in Red Brick

Sunland Sare

New in Town
got some more pics, enjoy:

this is me and my geezer, Russell
n58611538625528421798mx3.jpg

he was making a mess with his dessert....
n58611538625528457643je3.jpg

awww
n58611538625528664273im5.jpg

awwwwwww - ignore my bra showing hehehe
n58611538625528689259qj6.jpg

russell being a big fat poser
n58611538625528409023zp9.jpg

all the girls
n58611538625528631212mv1.jpg

alexandra

Practically Family
I want your dress. I have 4 dresses cut almost identically because I try the dress on and think "this fits my body perfectly!" and then get home to realise I have almost the same dress in a different pattern and colour.

But I don't have that pattern yet!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
You look great! Love the lovely manicure. Try an oval nail shape for a true vintage look. When I had acrylics, nail techs always looked at me funny because everyone only wants square nails anymore, but an oval shape works well with acrylic and really works wonders for lengthening the hands and making your fingers look long and slender!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR