Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Archelogical Expedition and Camping Trip

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Do any of the happy campers have a copy of either Khaki Drill and Jungle Green: British Tropical Uniforms 1939-45 in Color Photographs or G.I. COLLECTORS GUIDE: Army Service Forces Catalog: US Army European Theater of Operations books they can bring?

I'm going to bring some reading materials to share, magazines, AZ history books and the like.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Yes, sir! I can bring my Khaki Drill & Jungle Green, but I don't have the other title.

I'll also bring my copy of Khaki & Red: Soldiers of the Queen in India and Africa. As the title implies, it covers the Victorian period, but has a lot of great info on the adoption of khaki and pith helmets and such. Great read.

I put them both with my gear so I won't forget.

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Dont forget your wide brim hats folks, looks like Saturday will be 77 and sunny.

Heres the forecast

Fri 50°F/76°F
Sat 51°F/77°F
Sun 50°F/72°F partly cloudy

since we are in the desert expect the lows little lower.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
I added 3 electric lanterns to my reservation this morning, so we should be covered on tent-friendly lighting. Thay are fairly large, but can be easily carried to the bathroom or used on the tables, too. Best of all, you won't burn to death in your tent if you knock one over! So unless you'd like one anyway, don't worry about hunting one up!

Story

I'll Lock Up
The stars are right

A thousand years ago last month, the brightest star ever seen by modern humans burst into the sky. Astronomer John Barentine thinks the ancient Hohokams recorded that event in a petroglyph in the White Tank Mountains, on the west side of the Valley.

If he is right, it is the only known depiction of the supernova in the Western Hemisphere. Barentine, who works at the Apache Point Observatory in Sunspot, New Mexico, presented his theory Monday at the American Astronomical Society meeting in Calgary, Alberta.

The supernova of 1006 appeared in the constellation Lupus, a little below and west of the well-known constellation of Scorpius, the Scorpion.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/swvalley/articles/0606supernova0606.html

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Mojave Jack said:
I added 3 electric lanterns to my reservation this morning, so we should be covered on tent-friendly lighting. Thay are fairly large, but can be easily carried to the bathroom or used on the tables, too. Best of all, you won't burn to death in your tent if you knock one over! So unless you'd like one anyway, don't worry about hunting one up!

Hehe....and I got a small one last night.....but thats ok...its usable for home in power outages..since its a 'turn the crank' kind...which are always good in emergencies....has a radio too...and can charge cell phones...hehe

Denise...who does like her gadgets..

Nick Charles

Practically Family
since I'm going to probably be there first, do we want a developed site $18/night (electrical/water hookups, dump station, restrooms, picnic tables, and grills) or semideveloped $10 (restrooms, picnic tables, and grills - avail. at White Tank and Lake Pleasant only)

you guys choose. I think if we each pay a night it will be covered either way.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Miss Neecerie said:
nooooo...I only use those when I dont want to leave the computer and log off the lounge......

lol
lol Or when stalking another IT girl across the country with plans to shoot her with a BB gun?!

Lasky: That's not a real gun, is it Clark?
Clark: Are you kidding? This is a Magnum P.I.
Lasky: It's a BB gun!
Clark: Don't tempt me. I could poke an eye out with this thing.

I'm OK with picking up a developed site, and it sounds like Miss N. may be leaning that way, too, considering that I doubt even the best laptop battery can go for four days without recharging. What was the limit on number of tents per site? Two?

We might need two sites side by side, depending on how many tents we need. I think Mlles Neecerie and Queenie will be sharing a tent, I have one, but I can room with you if you have room, Nick. Then Tone in one, and DJones and friend in another. Actually, I don't think we can get away with less than two sites. Does that jibe?

That sounds like a good lantern, D. My dad just got me one something like that for X-mas that I am bringing. It has the weather band. Not exactly Golden Age, but hey! gotta be prepared!

Nick Charles

Practically Family
we can do what ever, my tent is almost 200 square feet. 4 rooms.
the-nutrionist_1931_11114330

Features tub-style floors for exceptional water resistance, 6 vents/windows and the ability to utilize 4 rooms or 1 -- excellent design for space and comfort!

Features:

4 "Dutch D" style doors are easy to enter and exit

USA made fiberglass frames are shockcorded for easy assembly

UV armor polyster tent and fly fabric with polyurethane coating means this tent is more durable, dryer and stronger

6 windows and mesh roof vents provide excellent ventilation and reduce condensation

Zip closures in roof and "Clear View" windows in fly offer options for star gazing, ventilation and privacy

Tub-style nylon oxford floor with tapered seams is lightweight, very durable and increases water resistance
Nylon mud mat provides a place for removal of muddy shoes or boots
Gear loft included for valuables and accessory storage
Includes 10" nail stakes, detachable guy ropes, 3 divider curtains, mud mat, 2 compression strapes, carry bag and assembly instructions

UV Armor: The premium material for tents. More durable, stronger, dryer. This tent is made from the strongest UV protected fabric in the industry. UV Armor is more than 54% more water resistant than comparable fabrics, resulting in a much dryer tent. Even after 100 hrs of direct sunlight, UV Armor tents have no apparent loss of fabric strength and the tent's colors are still like new.

Product Specifications :

Base size: 18' x 13'

Center height: 80"

Wall height: 60"

Sleeps: 9-10 people

Carry weight: 34 lbs. 10 oz.

Square Footage: 171 sq. ft.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Nick Charles said:
we can do what ever, my tent is almost 200 square feet. 4 rooms.
the-nutrionist_1931_11114330

Features tub-style floors for exceptional water resistance, 6 vents/windows and the ability to utilize 4 rooms or 1 -- excellent design for space and comfort!

Features:

4 "Dutch D" style doors are easy to enter and exit

USA made fiberglass frames are shockcorded for easy assembly

UV armor polyster tent and fly fabric with polyurethane coating means this tent is more durable, dryer and stronger

6 windows and mesh roof vents provide excellent ventilation and reduce condensation

Zip closures in roof and "Clear View" windows in fly offer options for star gazing, ventilation and privacy

Tub-style nylon oxford floor with tapered seams is lightweight, very durable and increases water resistance
Nylon mud mat provides a place for removal of muddy shoes or boots
Gear loft included for valuables and accessory storage
Includes 10" nail stakes, detachable guy ropes, 3 divider curtains, mud mat, 2 compression strapes, carry bag and assembly instructions

UV Armor: The premium material for tents. More durable, stronger, dryer. This tent is made from the strongest UV protected fabric in the industry. UV Armor is more than 54% more water resistant than comparable fabrics, resulting in a much dryer tent. Even after 100 hrs of direct sunlight, UV Armor tents have no apparent loss of fabric strength and the tent's colors are still like new.

Product Specifications :

Base size: 18' x 13'

Center height: 80"

Wall height: 60"

Sleeps: 9-10 people

Carry weight: 34 lbs. 10 oz.

Square Footage: 171 sq. ft.

woooo the tent council thanks you for that lovely testimonial......are you sure thats not an apt. complex?

I know there are folks in Downtown LA living in tents smaller then that

Nick Charles

Practically Family
sorry I got carried away when I actually found the tent online. I've had it 5years and its still in the box.

You guys tell me if two sites is the plan I'll get two. Thats enough room for 4 tents do we have another tent. With Marc being called away thats 1 less so its mine and yours is Tone bringing a tent. I'll bring an extension cord with a couple of outlets to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner